Old Black Blood in Urine: Early Period or Stomach Bleeding?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone,

I caught Covid-19 about a week ago and, even though my congestion has gone down considerably, I still can't taste or smell, and am unusually fatigued.

Yesterday I started experiencing occasional sharp waves of pain in my right ear, probably just leftover fluids and such, so I took an Ibuprophin. This was sometime in the early afternoon.

I started feeling some tiny abdominal cramps later that evening and then found I had discharged some thin brown fluid, presumably blood.

Earlier today, after cleaning myself, the toilet paper was brown/black, and there were what appeared to be brown/black specks in the toilet where I had urinated. This worries me because on the Ibuprophin drug facts, under the "signs of internal bleeding" section, it says to look out for old blood with a coffee ground consistency, which is what this looked like.

I've been having my period for almost four years now; if it is irregular, it's almost always a couple days late, sometimes a day early, but this happened almost a week early from when I would expect it to start.

I am not taking any medications and am not on contraceptives. I am a healthy person: I get a lot of sleep, am moderately active and take multivitamins every day.

Is it stress?

Does it have something to do with Covid?

I don't feel any pain in my stomach right now, I would expect some if I really did have stomach bleeding.

This has never happened to me before, although it does remind me of my first period, when everything was brown with a super light flow.

I forgot to mention that right now I'm not having a heavy flow-- last time I checked my sanitary pad was partially black from old blood, no new blood. Usually my periods start out with new bright red blood and continue in that color until the end. I would say I have a moderate flow most of the time.

This is really strange and I'm slightly worried. I'm thinking, however, because there's no bad stomach pain, it's probably just an earlier-than-usual period. I still can't tell, though, because I'm not very far in yet.

Thanks so much for any advice!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.