Old head injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

Soo I had a accident when I was about 11 that was about 15 years ago... I had a 4X4 piece of wood fall and hit me on. The left side of my head, the docs cleaned me up and gave me 54 stitches. .. the doc said my scull had a fracture...they didn't keep me over night or anything like that... I remember horsing around and having a hammock collapse, I don't know how long I was out but I definitely was out. I woke up with a splitting headache out of compleat darkness. My scar hurts all the time and so much has happened in my life.. I wonder if my head injury could be the cause and how would I go about fixing myself if it was? I have anger issues I just explode at nothing I feel like I'm stuck as a teenage I'm not progressing like I'm stuck and can't move forward ... I have high depression I'm always tired. .. I can't remember things I get told something and moments later I could have completely forgotten. .not always but it's frequent.. maybe it's my depression but honestly I never used to be like this.... it's like I woke up and something just stopped... I feel like I'm going crazy or losing my mind half the time... I've talked to therapist but... for some reason I feel like it could be linked... please let me know your thoughts. .. honest thoughts...

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

54 stitches and a fractured skull is quite a significant injury. Did you have a scan at the time?     If not, then maybe thats what you need to rule out any problem there. Have you told your doctor your thoughts on the acccident being linked to your anger issues? Sometimes patients have all the answers but they are not taken seriously.
    • Posted

No I never have but as the years go by I've begun to think about it. I've been on depression and anxiety meds tried a bunch of different things but nothing seems to work I don't feel like my self and I'm just cloudy...

• Posted

springles89,

I don't know what the doc's were thinking for you to have that many stitches and they actually let you go home, at the least you know you had a concussion, and no telling what else. So all they did for you at that time was put stitches in your head ? I think that was negligent on their part. I would definitely tell your doctor about this because you never know what could be wrong.. keep us updated on what you find out.

• Posted

Yeah now to just find a doctor on PCN insurance that deals with brain injury. . .. you know 15 years Ago they didn't even know half of what they do now about concussions. ... it's only the last few years that it's even been talked about as much because of athletes, football player drops dead because of head injury. .. I don't want to be that percentage..

• Posted

I hear you hun, but you would think with them saying you had a fracture to your skull that they would at least keep you overnight for observation. You live in the UK right ? I live in Trenton, Ga and from being on this website I see a lot of things are different between there and here. I hope it will not be anything bad when you have it checked out you have already suffered enough at it is. Keep updated please.
    • Posted

Eva no, I don't actually I live in utah, I've always lived in utah... pretty boring lol... but yeah maybe it was because I was so young it was like oh you will be fine. Your young resilient you will be fine..

• Posted

No hun lol I had ask if you lived in the UK United Kingdom lol. It shouldn't matter your age anyways they're doctors and should know better.

• Posted

Hi springles

I was knocked down by a motorcycle when I was 15yearsold.  This resulted in multiple injuries including fracturing my scull.  I was unconscious 5 weeks and when I regained conciousness I couldn't speak because I'd had a trachiotomy.

Eventually when I was released 13 weeks later, I found I had a short temper and had bouts of screaming and scratching.  This wasn't like me at all.  As time passed I had more control of my life and returned to school and re learnt some of my subjects.  

It was hard for me but this was 55 years ago.  I have had clerical work, married and have had 2 children.  I went back to further education achieved my o'levels and retrained as a nursery nurse.

I am retired now and still have problems but I beleive in talking to people and trying various things that help the situation.  I have tried hypnotherapy, counselling, acupuncture, chiropractice and physiotherapy.

I beleive in mind over matter and I know this is easier said than done.  I can understand how you are feeling but I am sure your feelings are linked to your head injury.

I don't know if this has been any help but I hope you keep in touch.  I live in the UK.

Keep yor head up Brenda C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.