Old member/ new member to First MTP Toe fusion!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there!

I'll shoot with my short story and hopefully you guys won't get bored reading it! Dec 2016 I fell in my home. I thought at the time it was a grade 3 sprain on my right ankle. Also while falling down I landed my right leg/foot on my left foot and damaged my great toe...... OUCH! No one believed me that the damage was much more worse than "just a sprain" .... of course when they see a middle aged women come in and complain they don't see anything else except age and some extra weight! ha... 

June 2017... finally found someone who saw something in my X-Rays from 2016! HIP HIP HOORAY! 

Surgery # 1//// Left great toe Cheilectomy   Aug 2nd 2017

Surgery # 2///  Right ankle Ligament and tendon repair/ 

screws and what ever else he put in there. 

Surgery #3///   Left MTP first toe fusion.  due to the Cheilectomy not working. .... 

Ok.. so if you are still with me, HELP!

10 days as of today out of the fusion surgery.  I feel like crap!

Is this normal? Haven't had my post op yet/ next week so I'm still in the stitch time and wrap.............. walking on my heel/ side.      Stopped my OXY as of yesterday, I took one at night 

?to give me some relief. Mixed with 1000  MIL of Tylenol. once a day or every 8 hours.   

But today for some odd reason, I feel awful. The toe is pained quite a bit again... seems to be underneath the toe/ pain/ burn/ pins and needle feeling.   

Oh I know some of this or all of this is normal but what is my time line of feeling good? I woke up today out of it. 

I want to sleep..... my body just feels blaaa..... 

Any advise to what to do or how to get through this.... ? Did I stop OXY to soon? Am I being a baby? 

The first two surgeries were tough, but this one is taking the prize of kicking my butt! 

Off my rant... 

Thanks in advance 

Rose

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you walking on it? I'm surprised they didn't put you on no weight bearing...I had it done in 2011 and was in a boot with no weight bearing for 4 weeks...I had tendon repair done 5 months ago and still having pain.

• Posted

Htrip..... I was surprised I wasn't put in something also, but doc said it isn't needed if I could just walk on  my heel.... and so I am.   Next week might be different after my post op appointment and stitches come out. We will see. That of course, is for the fusion on my big toe ...left foot.

On my ligament/ tendon repair on my right ankle ... yes, I was in a cast for six weeks... non weight bearing for 2 weeks/ PWB for six... then full at my own pace... PT and so on.... still pained.... not sure when any of this goes away!

Thanks.

R

• Posted

Oh yes! I’m now 11.5 weeks post surgery for tarsometatarsal bone fusion surgery of my first, second and third tarsometatarsals. For about the first two weeks I felt fine, then my health nosedived and I felt absolutely awful! It was horrible, but you do come out of it again. I tell people that I never knew inactivity could make you feel so ill. 

Stay strong, you will get through this ❤️

• Posted

Thank you Elizabeth!  Its nice to hear  this to shall pass!  biggrin

I keep saying "One more day, one more day! " 

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.