Old post about adding hemp seeds and psyllium seeds to diet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Saw an old post about a lady who adds teaspoonful of above to water and says it helps with digestion and bad bacteria etc has anyone tried this I've started it tonight but added pre soaked seeds to yoghurt

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Good start, diet has a lot to do with this diseas.

Cheers

• Posted

So far I've cut out caffeine and if I'm desperate for a hot drink I do caffeine free tea or herbal and changed all my dairy products to soya or lactose free and steering clear of chocolate spice and alcohol where before my only treats in life were a bottle of red nice chocolate desert after a nice fat steak or spicy curry on a saturdayvevening, now I'm eating very bland food cause everything that I love can aggravate it so drinking my Volvic mineral water rather then tap for few months now and only just been able to tolerate mixing it with something so chose Ribeana low sugar and where I was going to toilet ten times a day even after a stint in hospital in only going one or twice and it's quite formed so Steriods are def working to calm it all down, just bit nervous for January when I'm off them cause that's when everuthing kicks off again few weeks after there out of my system, so trying to get diet and food diary in check before this happens got my iv infliximab Thursday so here's hoping it continues to work
  • Posted

Hi Samantha

How long have you beed on the special diet? Inmy case it was inflamation of the bowl which subsided after 3-4 weeks. Do not however, stop any medications you have been advised to take.

Cheers

• Posted

Just a week was in hospital with flare up of protitus IBS any a flexiopy confirmed I now have colitis left side so 9 days later living off jelly and yoghurts I'm now at home slowly trying to work out what my tummy will allow and it's bland bland bland I had a takeout pizza with kids last Saturday and that didn't rock the boat as much as I feared it would but when I had lasagne and massive chilli cheese jacket it did. All I want is a curry I used to be a spicy goddess even out like pickle on cheese crackers chilli flakes on everything hot sauce the works now I'm too scared lol
  • Posted

Well, again in order to get well you must try to isolate certain foods and see which one is the colporate. In my case hot chilli was definitely out of the list, so was gluten diet. 
  • Posted

Hi Samantha,

so glad to hear things are starting to settle down for you now the steroids are working. i posted to you about a week ago when you just came out of hosp, & you were breathless & tight in chest too, is that ok now? Did you ask someone medical about the infliximab while you are on steroids ( i didnt think you could have both together). it is a bit of trial & error with food. takes a while to learn what you can & cant tolerate & different for everyone. funny i'm ok with pizza too if the toppings are sensible (ie not pepperoni too fatty & spicy for my tum). all the best, take care. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.