Older patients being 'neglected'?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 76 years old and live in Lincolnshire, we are short of doctors and our local health centre has a waiting list of up to 3 weeks for a doctors appointment (By which time you could be dead!). I would like to get regular health checks, but no-one seems ready to take the time. I recently had an MRI scan on my lower back, as I have stiffness in bending & walking. I had to ring up weeks later to the doctor who basically dismiised me with ' sorry, it is wear & tear' nothing we can do about it!' I want to know if there is some physio I could do, some medicaments I could take, etc. No-one seems to care. Where do we go from here?

I walk dogs twice a day, I do gardeining within my capabilities. I just need a compassionate NHS??

Makes you want to go & live in Europe??

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sad to read your story and feel for you. doctors must follow their GMC guidances and treat their patients if they don't then they are breaching their code of conduct. I would gladly help you to get the help you need if you care to give me further information via private message if you are able to get in touch this way.

I give help and support to folks like yourself in the community. Please don't hesitate to let me you how I can assist you. I'm an accredited Age UK representative and can produce my badge if need be.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

That's a long time to wait for an appointment.  Thankfully our Gp surgery are pretty good. You can normally get see someone the same or next day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.