Older woman and contraception

Posted , 2 users are following.

I came off the mini-pill on Nov 2018. The doc who I was seeing about something else said I should be off because I'll of gone through menopause at 55yrs. I'm 57yrs He said, it must be a problem (the bleeding)..

He sent me to the hospital, had an utrasound and everything fine, even the fibroids have only grown slightly. The doctor who was seeing to me at the hospital went to consult with another doctor and came back. Guess what, I'm still in peri-menopause and as you have to wait a yr with no period whatsoever, that means I'm still at risk of pregnancy.

Just wondering what other older women use for contraception.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

the coil is good to help with heavy bleeding and see you thru to menopause. worked well for my mum

• Posted

Thanks. i asked for that and they wouldn't let me have it because they said i would probably only need it a year. that was about 4yr back.But the doc from the hospital recommended it. can but try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.