OLP

Posted , 4 users are following.

l am suffering the worst flare in 4 years , on Betnasol Tablets steroid mouth wash .3 days and absolutely no relief.

Terrible white straits on lower gum area mouth so sore any body have any useful suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've got difflam mouthwash which numbs the mouth but not entirely and it does help

• Posted

is that diflican mouthwash? And does it contain lidocaine? I'm allergic to it. And it seems itis the only thing prescribed for the pain. I am having a huge flare and think I am leaving regular lichen planus and going into erosive now. My whole right side of my mouth is inflamed. I have an appt with a dermatologist on Aug 8th. 

• Posted

No it's called Difflam oral rinse. It's got benzydamine hydrochloride and says for the relief of pain and inflammation in the throat and mouth. I was prescribed it by the hospital for use when it ulcerates and it does help

• Posted

Thanks Lauren ,about to go and buy a Diflam spray .Any form of pain relief will be a bonus.

This is a real horrible condition with no cure totally depressing.

chris 

• Posted

Hold on dont lose hope.i was in a similar situation as yourself. I am also on same mouth wash. I wasnt getting any relief what so ever until around the sixth day. My mouth is so much better now . Had my first proper meal today. Dont know how long before next flare up but such a relief at the moment . Good luck !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.