OLP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im new on here. I have oral litchen planus and i am now paniking as i had a red patch in my cheek. Has anybody else had this? Thanks

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. That red patch might be an ulcer. Is it inside your mouth? I was at the dental hospital the other day for a check up and they said I had a red ulcer on the inside of my cheek. My teeth kept catching on it so they filed down my back teeth a bit. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about but of course check with a dentist if you’re nervous about it. 
    • Posted

Thanks. Yes its inside my cheek but looks quite big, not like an ulcer. I'll see if i get get an appointment tomorrow

• Posted

Hi Wendy I have olp it defo appears in cheeks in fact that's hardest place for me to get rid of mine ! Google olp to read up where it strikes !! X

• Posted

thank you Mary. i stress so much about it. its because its a red patch and not while lines that i usually have. thanks for taking time to reply.
  • Posted

The professor told me that the white lines are always going to be there but the red patches come & go & appear in different areas. 

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I hope you’re feeling a Bit less stressed now. The red patches do seem to come and go but as a previous reply said, do get your doctor or dentist to check it out for you. Try to remember the more you stress, the worse it can be, difficult I know. I use an non alcohol mouth wash after brushing my teeth and if things get really bad and sore, I use 0.1% hydrocortisone cream on the spots for a few days and that helps too. My doctor and local pharmacist advised me to do this . Hope this helps. Take good care. Gx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.