OLP and implanted denture

Posted , 3 users are following.

My maxifacial surgeon wants to remove my 11 lower teeth and put an implanted denture with two post. I.m worried my erosive OLP will get worse and I will wind up with no teeth instead of bad teeth. Will the implants heal? Has anyone done this? How did it go?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna 

I have LP and have just had implants at the top, don't worry about it, it will be fine, I also know of a couple of ladies who have had the implants and are fine. If anything it's better than a denture because that will just rub your mouth which can cause problems. Good luck 

• Posted

Hi Donna,

I don’t if you have heard of Dr.Morse in Florida. He seems to have help a lot of people with Lichen Planus. I recently called his office and received some great information. I’m startinh his regimen to help cure my LP and thyroid issues. I have had LP for over 10 years now. It doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion. Hope this helps. Oh yeah he also has a videos on YouTube too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.