Olp and ph

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Newly diagnosed here. Ugh.. It looks like this can be any thing from a mild nusiance to life altering debilitation. Currently seems pretty catastrophic, but who knows, maybe i will adjust to having my mouth in fire 24/7

Has any body experimented with their ph

I dont have lesions right now but i have a swollen burning tongue. If i sip on water with a bit of baking soda the burning goes away.

I also have tons of cavities which my dentist says is highly unusual for a woman of 50. She said there must be lots of acid in my mouth.

I ordered some ph strips and i am pretty acidic, urin 5.5 and saliva 6.

Has anyone experimented with ph? Has it helped?

Has anything helped. Im pretty freaked out.

Thanks

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I see a Naturopath, he has give me an oral tincture that I rinse and swallow before I go to bed.  (after I brush my teeth so it remains in my mouth while I sleep).  I haven't experimented with PH.  Maybe I will ask him at my next appointment. 

The tincture consists of Glycyrrhiza glabra 1.1, Althaea officinalis 1.4, Echinacea Premium 1.2, Ulmus rubra 1.4  The tincture is also suposed to help with menopausal symptoms.  But it does help keep the linchen planus in check as well!

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thank you so much

I made an appointment with a homeopath so I will ask about that

I have so much burning now. The sores themselves have healed but my tongue and gums are on fire.

i am just getting over a year long chronic pain issue that was devestating. I was excited that I was about to get my life back. I'm terrified.

I worry a lot that it's going to affect vulva and skin as well.

My anxiety probably isn't helping

• Posted

Hi whoops 

have you ever had a problem with abnormal cells after a smear test.... I thin it is related to LP 

• Posted

Whoops-After reading your post I am reminded of the fact that I have never had any cavities in my adult life until the past few years. Almost 12 6this year!

Perhaps ph does play a role.

I am meticulous with my oral care

I am 48.... 49 in 2weeks.

I think I'll try those ph strips!

• Posted

There has to be something to this acidity in mouth. I am newly diagnosed (3mths) and just turned 49yrs.

I have had one cavity in my entire life up until the past 5 yrs....I have had endless cavities all the time they pop up even though I have been meticulous with my oral hygiene ever since the cavities started.

It could also be hormonal changes due to the commonality of our age. Personally, I'm waiting for the results of a full blood panel- I don't have any answers just questions.

I stay away from anything hot, spicy, sweet etc.. basically eat unsalted nuts, tofu (smoked) and drink a lot of fresh veg & fruit smoothies.

I brush with Biotene or a mild natural toothpaste.... baking soda if it's really bad.

I get tremendous relief from coconut pulls .

I love coconut so it's very soothing for me.

You can use other oils if you prefer.

Hope everyone had a nice turkey/alcohol free Christmas! arghhh!

• Posted

forgot to mention, I also take vitimins including a probiotic (30 billion). I did s bit on online investing and here are 8 things that are supposed to benefit oral health;

by improves alkalinity/reducing acidity

1. Cloves

2. Onions

3. Vervain tea

4. Cherries

5. Avocado

6. Sesame seeds

7. Allspice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.