OLP treatment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I have been diagnosed by my dentist with OLP......its mainly on my gums.....with lacy white areas and red sore areas. The GP has prescribed steroid lozenges . Hydrocortisone 2.5 mg buccal tablets. Just wondered if anybody had used these and if so did they ?.....many thanks in advance for comments

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I was prescribed these when I was first diagnosed. They're ok for bad ulcers so long as you just put the tablet next to the ulcer and let it dissolve, however, I didn't find them much good for overall soreness.

I've now been prescribed Betamethasone and Prednisolone soluble tablets as a mouthwash and found them to be much better. Good luck.

• Posted

HI Anne,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. The best thing i have found is turmeric tablets that i buy online from a company called Pureclinica. Also there is a FB group called Turmeric Users Group. They promote turmeric as a cure for many ailments in people and animals. Check them out. Good luck!

• Posted

Anne - I have Tumeric I bought at the grocery in the spice isle. Do you know if I can dissolve

some in water and rinse my mouth?

• Posted

Hi Ann,

if you are a Facebook user join the Turmeric users group run my a vet called Doug English. I'm no expert but he is. If you don't use FB I can tell you how to make what he calls "Golden Paste". Apparantley turmeric has to be cooked and added to fat in order for the body to be able to absorb it. You can use dried, ground turmeric powder but you should mix it with water and boil it on the stove for about ten minutes making a paste, after that add olive oil or coconut oil and ground black pepper. Keep it in the fridge for up to three weeks. Take about half a teaspoon twice a day by mouth, it doesn't taste very nice so maybe mix it with mik or water. Increase the dose gradually from half a teaspon to a whole teaspoon. i have found it to be really helpful, hope it works for you too.

• Posted

I have had OLP for 20 years. The only thing that works is DEXAMETHSONE liquid swishing in my mouth. Sadly, It always comes back as soon as I stop taking it. Maybe that won't be the case for you. The symptoms you are describing are exactly my symptoms. Don't waste your money on any of the over counter meds. They dont work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.