Omalizumab/zolair

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

I just wanted to say I had my first injection of omalizumab yesterday and feeling positive. it has give me aching limbs and feeling exhausted today but I'm hoping it's to do with the cold I have. nurse says they have had great success with the treatment and that it will probably take a few days to start working. one thing I will say is I have got up this morning and my skin definitely looks clearer especially the permanent bags under my eyes!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI

First glad to hear it helped your skin it didnt affect mine.. I have taken the shot for almost 2 years and the pain in feet and aching limbs has been there most of the time ,I know others it effects this way.. But the idea of having the horrible hives again I just deal with it.. Hopefully it will go away for you, everyone is different .. It also took 6 months for mine to really start working well .. and i did try to stop and what a mistake it took about 4 months to get back on tract. So seems i may be taking this shot forever.. But grateful there is something that works for me..

• Posted

Hi jana94738,

I just wanted to respond to your post about "the pain in feet and aching limbs has been there most of the time" I have been getting the shots for 10 months now and have had the numbness and pain for probably 5 of the 10 but I cant sleep. Mine is in my arms, hands and fingers, my fingers being the worst I think I have nerve damage in my fingers now. If I put my hands under running water I cant tell if its hot or cold. Hopefully this is something that will come back/heal with time. I am wondering about your experience with the pain and other (probably should be a new thread) is there anything you can do to lessen the pain / numbness. sleepless nights are tough on life. all the best, Tom

• Posted

Hi Tom

All of sudden the pain has left my feet totally and limbs.. My fingers have been going numb at night for years even before all this . I wear arthritus gloves to bed and never have numb fingers anymore.. I was amazed that worked .. A few nights ago I didnt wear them and they were all numb in the morning.. Try them see if they work for you...You can find them at drugstores or online.. Just make sure you get the correct size.. Let me know if they work for you.. Jana

• Posted

excellent, thank you, I'll let you know. I'm also going to investigate the allergic/ diet solution, it sounds tough but promising...

• Posted

Oh i also try and stay gluten free as much as possible and not much sugar but lately i have had a challenge with the sugar.. Have to stop that again

• Posted

Hi There! The first shot did the same to me... but all the rest were fine!No worries!!

im so excited it is working for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.