Omeprazole

Posted , 8 users are following.

My GP prescribed Omeprazole for heartburn that I’d been experiencing for a number of weeks. 

Now 2 weeks on, my heartburn has gone, but I’m experiencing awful bloating and wind that is making me feel really unwell. The symptoms are worse in the evenings.

Looking at side effects, wind is listed. Wonder if I should cease the Omeprazole? 

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi happyho

Stop the Omerprazole and see if the bloating and wind goes away ... if the heartburn comes back try an over the counter remedy such as gavisgon or ranitidine...best wishes....

• Posted

Come off the omeprazole skowly in case you get acid rebound.  Switch to over the counter antacids or try milk.
  • Posted

I have lots acid and heartburn I do take Tacta it is very good. With the medication that you take now your heartburn it may come back.
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice. I’m not going to take anymore. My stomach and intestines feel ike they’re lined with lead this morning and that the digestive process isn’t happening, just like digested food is stuck and not moving through. Also very bunged up. Must be those tablets. Thanks again.
    • Posted

If you have standard heartburn, OTC meds will help to comtol it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.