Omezpic good or bad

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started omezpic 2/3 months ago and I'm regretting it ever since I started it! I've had side effects since I started it which I feel sick most of the time but kept telling myself they will get better! I started on 0.25 then 0.50 finally 1.0 am I alone in having such side effects or am I just unlucky I'm losing weight but I'm unhappy with the side effects im posting on here because it's such a new drug in the uk there's very little information out with the drugs companies sites! Any help would be great fully received thank you david

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Would I be right in thinking you have Type 2 diabetes and are overweight? Has your HbA1c come down in the time you have been taking Omezpic? Without knowing your history, all I can suggest is that at your 3 month review you speak to your diabetic nurse about the side effects. If you don't have one scheduled, you could request one, or simply book an appointment with your GP. There are other drugs for Type 2, but you may need to then lose weight by willpower. At present I am losing weight on a low carb diet, as recommended for Type 2, and have been told that if my HbA1C does not come down sufficiently, I will be put on Metformin, which is the most commonly used Type 2 drug. You could register with the Diabetes UK website and ask their forum members what they know of the drug. Good luck.

• Posted

I assume this is about Ozempic?

The warning notes suggest that it takes some getting used to.

I've never used it - almost had it prescribed (here in the US), but went with Jardiance (pill) instead, and was only on that for a few weeks. Now am on just metformin.

Even metformin is a drug not everyone can take, side effects vary enormously. I've been OK with it, after a lot of dashing for the toilet in the first few weeks. Are you also on metformin, or have you tried it?

I know you asked about the drug, but with the idea that maybe there's a way to stop taking it, one always has to ask questions about your condition, your diet, and exercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.