OMG

Posted , 3 users are following.

Things have changed with our finances and looks like I may be able to have my band fitted earlier than expected. Better start doing some serious research. Hopefully this is the start of my weight loss journey!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mrs Humphrey, I had my first appointment in December of last year, I was aiming for the gastric band but on my second appointment last Friday at Luton & Dunstable hospital where I was referred by my GP, they are veering away from the bands as they are high maintenance after the op, so I'm getting a bypass op. I am on a 4 wk milk diet, I have to drink 4pts a day +tea ,coffee & sugar free juice, no food! This is to shrink your liver.  Regards Marilyn.
    • Posted

Hi. I will obviously talk about all my options but money is also a factor. I have spoken to a lot of people here who have had a band fitted with good results. I guess I will see what's said when I go for a consultation. Id have to discuss a pre and post opp diet as i noticed a lot of people are on a milk diet but I'm lactose intolerant so cant do that. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
  • Posted

Yes you need as much information as possible, I was fortunate as my GP refered me, I've got about 6stone to loose, I lost 18lb on a weight management course that I did last year so that helped me qualify to be refered for surgery. My friend had a band fitted 4/5year ago & she did'nt have to do the milk diet. 
    • Posted

I have more than 6 stone to loose and my docs will not refer me so I'm paying for it myself . I am fit and healthy apart from being overweight.
  • Posted

Oh right I have type 2 diabetes high blood pressure & high cholesterol also under active thyroid & Parkinson's disease , so I have quite a few medical issues, also was getting concerned that I was getting to near the age limit at 65years old😊 but it seems they will do surgery into early 70s. Good luck with your journey. 
  • Posted

money was a massive factor for me, so I decided to go with Dr chris debyurne in belgium. My lap band cost about £3200 and the hospital it took place in and the care i received was amazing , I had my op last week and my first infill is booked for 3 weeks time which will cost £100 a time ..good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.