OMG I saw my MRI photo yesterday..

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ok ladies-  the reality has surely set in.  Yesterday I had my MRI without contrast, because I have metal sensitivities I was not comfortable with the contrast dye- now I am starting to rethink that after reading about how its imperative to diagnosing malignancy... but I digress, lets set that aside for now. 

ANYWAYS, They sent me home with a disc w/ some images. I finally seen this THING for the first time.  It was 8x7x7cm when I had an ultrasound on November 22 and it's now Dec. 31 (happy NYE!) and this thing looks like a freaking grapefruit inside of me!! I can see it so clearly in the images. It's literally taking up all "free" space inside my abdomin pressing up against everything surrounding it (including my spine)

I also have a little more terminology now... its "intramural"  and in the "fundal" area (at the top of my uterus) 

AHH.  I just felt like sharing.  Has anyone else seen images of their fibrous invaders??  

Now I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be a candidate for the minimally invasive technique afterall.... 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If there is just one big one it might respond well to uterine fibroid embolisation but it will take a while to shrink.  In my experience, up to 18 months. 
  • Posted

Yes, I have seen pictures of my little babies too.  9.5 cm in diameter.  I am now on Fibristal to shrink them.  Also hoping that I can get them small enough to have Focused Ultrasound to blast them to the moon.  I see my GP this Thursday so that I can request another ultrasound in February that will show if they have shrunk or not.  
  • Posted

Hi Cygamx I had a Fibroid the same size as yours. I had a UFE 18 Jan 2016. It has now Shunk to 7cm (from 10cm)

The difference is I now have heavy periods but no flooding but it has not worked on my tummy area I still look pregnant. But I do not regret having it done. I feel it's better to try a less invasive op 1st.

I am. Now referred back to Gyn on 24 Jan 2017 and I am going to ask for a Myomectomy as I don't want a Hysterectomy.

If you are the same then push the Gyn to refer you.

Good luck and hope you get good results

• Posted

When I saw mine a few months ago, I cried. It looked like my entire torso was fibroid, and that my entire organs just said, "Oh don't mind me, here you go." It made me angrier at the male doctors who said to me, "Didn't you notice the 20 week size fibroid taking up room in your clothes?" Um no, doctor, I didn't. This was the reason why, as you said, it was the entire body - the fibroid. I'm sure by now you've started to calm down and accept it, but your instant reaction is...at least how I felt. I did not function very well the next day after seeing it. It was so abstract before. Suddenly on the screen it became so real.

• Posted

Yes it really messed me up for a few days. I still can't believe what I saw. It's very scary. My surgery is scheduled for about 2 weeks from now and I can't wait to feel "normal" again (whatever normal is, now)

It really is jarring to see the thing just kind of shoving everything else out of its way

• Posted

Good luck on your surgery. I just had my procedure done yesterday - the uterine fibroid embolization.
    • Posted

Just achey, but each person is different obviously because we are individual snowflakes. I suspect the pain will start to come on more and more, but so far, it's OK.

I would have done the surgery, but I did not like the surgeons I spoke to. They were pressuring me to go through with hysteretomy. If they were less obvious with what THEY wanted, I would have trusted them more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.