omg im so so scared...please help.. :((

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey...im so scared guys...thid eveing i was layin in bed with my litlle one and the right side of my face staryed to go numb....i do have a wisdom tooth coming through at that side and it hurts and also when i chew it hurts and i get slight pain in my right temple the odd time...pls help im so scared cud that b it...has that happened to any1 xo

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can see why this would be scary. I imagine you lay down on a nerve and lost some feeling temporarily- just like when you get pins and needles, or a deadfoot when you have been in a funny position- this can happen anywhere on your body- try not to worry- I'm sure it is nothing smile Enjoy your time with your little one.

Wendy

• Posted

But I imagine you could have been lying on a part of your body that feeds the face/neck/head etc- try to relax. Breathe consciously. Let me know how you get on. Take care. I remember once my scalp went numb- it freaked me out!! Seems like a nerve lower down can create all kinds of weird feelings if it gets a bit pinched or twisted. xx

Wendy

• Posted

Hey hun I'm having to go through 3 wisdom teeth coming through at same time I'm getting numbness in one side of face also getting a lot headaches ect I think it's most probably that although sometimes my face goes tight and numb on one side for no reason feel like it's been pulled to one side I don't have a clue what it is though x
    • Posted

Hey steph..omg its so scary..and the numbness is where the tooth is coming up but its affecting my eys sometimes too...its jus so scary.. xxxx
  • Posted

Dear Rachel,

From what you are saying, this feels like the Wisdom tooth pain radiating to the side of your face, I would request you also to check with your gp for some temporary painkillers, Remember... If you are breast feeding your child, Just make sure to mention this to your GP as the strength of the medication will vary.

What you have is most probably due to the pain and anxiety.

Also

I know you are currently anxious but would request you to check for any variation in Blood Pressure, just because of the Numbness thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.