OMG!!! This has happened to my thumb nail I don’t know what to do??

Posted , 2 users are following.

OMG This has happened to my thumb nail i caught in on the door!!! so sore and sensitive!!!

its been 4 days since and i just keep soaking it in dettol antibacterial and water solution everyday. im super worried what it’s actually done to my real nail. its made my thumb so swollen!!!!

Can anyone help?

photos attachedimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You certainly have a nasty infection around that nail. Soak in hot salty water rather than Dettol, and keep the nail bandaged to stop it moving. If you can shorten that nail it will help. Hopefully the pus will discharge after the hot water treatment....do not try to squeeze it , just let it ooze naturally.

If that redness starts to move up your finger and into your hand, or if it starts to throb then go to A/E ...you may need emergency treatment and antibiotics to stop sepsis.

• Posted

thankyou! the redness and yellowness is acctually a savlon spray which sprays on yellow so makes it look worse. heres an update picture......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.