OMG what have I done????

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Orlistat 5 or 6 weeks and have lost only 6 lbs. I was so downhearted yesterday that I

lost the plot and ate lots of chocolate and a magnum. I am so disgusted with myself for doing this. It's now 24 hours and I have had no side effects. How long does it take for the dreaded effects to kick in.

I am now getting paranoid thinking that maybe I am on Placebo and not the real Orlistat, I am on 120 gm on prescription from my Dr (I hope).

Has anyone else had a mad moment and ate things you should not have?. I feel so bad for eating

all this rubbish.

Any ideas amount of time it takes for effects of my binge to kick in?

Thanks Hannah

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Depends on your digestive system .. It takes me anything from 24 hours to 48 sometimes it's been been 3 days and yes I know the feeling !! Don't worry I'm sure everyone has had a mad moment and done it 
    • Posted

Thanks Charlotte, it's good to know I am not the only one to do this.

Thanks Hannah

• Posted

Hello up to 72 hours don't be disheartend by your weight loss 6lb off is better than 6lb on. The doctors generally only give out the 120mg dose so i am sure this is what you have and remember

Everyone loses weight at a different rate the heavier you are the more quickly it comes off. x

• Posted

Hi Britney,

Your right, 6 lb is 3 bags of sugar so it's better for it to be off than on. I will just have to have patience.

Thanks Hannah

• Posted

Hi I also know how yr feeling. I havnt lost much but I feel really well, as if ive lost a lot

more than I have. Ive slipped up a few time with a takeway, but dont get the side effects. A lady in the dr waiting area said she has lost over 4st, and thats being on these pill and eating normally. She said she goes to the loo a lot but shes done this in 4 months so she does mind. I know being on a low fat diet with these pills is the right way...but.., I do wonder some times xx

• Posted

Hi Smiler,

It's nice to know that other people do the same as me, it makes me feel better now. That's good you do not get the side effects, it would be great it that happens me. These replies inspire me to get back on track.

Thanks Hannah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.