On 100mg Sertraline now

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for nearly 5 months I've been on Sertraline 50mg. Had so many side affects. I started to feel much better but the last month has gotten bad again. I feel low at times and anxiety creeps in and sets me back. I'm combating it with walking and dance exercise. I have had some new symptoms in the last few months but only just advised my GP. I have very bad hair loss in the last month/ 2 months. Also very cold all the time and my neck hurts. Started to feel very fatigued again with sleep issues. I've had bloods taken for thyroid check and I'm waiting to hear back. Also I'm now on 100mg. The first 2 days were okay, today I feel bad, negative thoughts, that depressing feeling that I get and back burning when my anxiety is there. I'm doing breathing exercises and making sure I eat. Otherwise I would feel worst. I hope you guys are feeling better. God bless x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, it is a tough one to get through the first few months of side effects...im on 150 and went up in 25's every few weeks. Each time i upped id get side effects back for 3 weeks...anxiety, worrying thinking, dizziness when on feet. I was in a bad way 4 mths ago with health anxiety,palpitations, looping panic attacks day and night, hardly sleeping. 4 months on im 70% better. Still have not so good days here n there but nowhere as bad as they were. Betablockers stopped full blown PAs and the sert has helped get out of the anxious thinking from waking. I also have cbt/hypnotherapy which has helped challenge the fearful thinking. Sert does affect my sleep though so if i need to guarantee a good sleep i take a sominex. My doc allows me diazepam 2mg on ration as theyre addictive, but fantastic in the early days on sert for lowering anxiety. I take one occasionally if particularly stressed or in nervous situations. They dont make me spaced out, just feel like me on a good day! I believe mine is menopause related as all coincided, so im trying hrt patches too. Hopefully in a few months i'll step down the sertraline and just use the hrt and betablockers. Anxiety disorder is tough but it will improve with meds/therapy and changes to our lives that reduce stress triggers like work/relationships/stressful acquaintances! And of course eating healthily and exercise, you sound like youre doing better at that than me! I got hung up about palpitations and backed off exercising, need to start small and get my confidence back! Hope it helps to hear from others experiencing similar, and to know things do improve x

• Posted

Hi Julie, thanks for replying time smile. It's been a tough journey for us all. I hope that you manage to find yourself again soon. By the sounds of it, you're getting there.

I am trying hard to stay positive and doing what I can to feel better. This site has really helped me as I know I'm not the only one going through this and the support here is fantastic. I no longer feel so scared like I used to. X

• Posted

Wow. 

I could have written most of your post.

im suffering with a painful neck my partners been rubbing ralgex on it. Been blaming it on my pillows, and changed them.

also my long hair is falling out, never had that before I usually have lovely stronger hair, I'm now getting paranoid that I'm going to be bald.

im only on 25mg. I'm not going up, because I may have to change my meds if much more falls out. Moods I go up and down, been on them just over 3 months I'm a 57 female it took a good 2 months + for my side effect to subside. That's why I haven't upped my dose.

your not alone it's horrible isn't it x

• Posted

Hi Julie, it is awful going through this. Have you had your thyroids checked via bloods or asked the GP about it.

I also keep getting paranoid that I will go bold. I try and keep positive and busy so I don't worry as much.

If my results show it's my thyroid, at least I can then start treatment for it and have an answer knowing what's causing these new symptoms. If it's not that, I don't know what the next step will be other than continue with 100mg Sertraline. I refuse to give up hope. X

• Posted

I'm on zoloft too have no major side effect.... anxiety and major panic attacks gone...thank God. I was dying.

But before even going on the meds i was experiencing hair loss so i guess it is stress related and not the medication. I have bought special shampoo, taking biotin tabs...taking zinc .... cuz i too am worried my long precious hair will all go. It is much better now. But mine was before the meds. Just thought I'd let you ladies know, maybe it isn't the meds.

Whatever it is, hope it stops, nothing worse than us women losing our beauting hair 😔😔😔😔😔😔

Lots of love ?

• Posted

Beauting *beautiful ❤❤
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for replying.

iv had a full blood check done. First lot showed that my white blood cells and my liver was a bit high, but another blood test 2 weeks later blood count was ok, but liver still showed a bit high but my gp wasn't concerned.

so thyroid is ok. So hair loss isn't due to that. 

Its just nice getting up and not dreading the day ahead, still get a bit of anxiety now and then but I can cope.

hope your result come back ok, and no we can never give up hope x

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. 

What make is your shampoo please. 

My hair started falling out about 4 weeks ago, been on sertraline about 3 months now. I don't feel stressed, so they are working for me.

i to thought I was going to die my heart rate was sky high.,I was put on beta blockers to slow it down but I was fainting because my bp dropped so much, I had to come off them. So that's why I'm on these.

will try zinc too, thank you.

take care xx

• Posted

I live in Australia and ordered them from the Biovea website. It's called Foligain. They have both for women and men, make sure you select women from the drop down selection???????

It has helped a lot.

• Posted

I hope I start to feel at least 70% better soon. Was doing great before so not sure why I went down again. Let's hope things calm down soon. Not sure how long it takes for the meds to take affect. Being on 50mg for 5 months so that is already in my system. Not sure how long the other 50mg will take to settle into my system. Any advice on how to help with the hair loss incase my results show it's not thyroid problem?

If my anxiety can came back down I can handle all the other side affects. It's the anxiety that brings me down. X

• Posted

Sorry I cannot say how long it takes for the other 50mg to get into your system, because I'm trying to get by on 25mg because it

Took weeks for my side effect to stop and fell like me again.

I may have to tho one day.

One of the posts above suggested a shampoo, I'm looking into that. But in the meantime zinc is good for new hair growth, but I'd.

rather have food high in zinc than zinc tablets

Google foods high in zinc.

Hope that helps and we hang on to our locks x

• Posted

Hi.

Iv ordered a bottle from Biovea.

Hope it comes before I lose anymore.

Thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.