On 3 different types of contraception and in pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

So to begin with I was on the pill (microgynon 50ed) but this caused me to have problems with my cervix and resulted in cervical erosion. Since then I have had he implanon put in and this caused me to bleed for the 6 months I had it in, so I returned to the doctor and told them I’d like it taken out which they then told me I haven’t had it in long enough and gave me a script to get the injection aswell which should help with the bleeding. I had the injection the day of my doctors visit and a few weeks later had worse bleeding than before so I went back and they’ve now put me back on the pill aswell and the bleeding has stopped however I have had really bad stabbing pain in my lower right side ever since. The pain has been so bad that some days I can’t even get out of bed. Is it normal to be on this much contraception and what can I do if my doctor won’t help. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do know that they do usually suggest a 3 month supply of pills when on Nexplanon implant to help regulate your period. More than that I am unsure of. If anything maybe you need a second opinion from a different doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.