On a lighter note

Posted , 14 users are following.

Do you know when your loved one (or carer) morphed from a loving, attentive and caring person into a Drill Sergeant?

My wife, who has been exceptional, has decided that I need to buck up a little as I am much more able than I let on *innocent look*.

Michael twisted

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well my husband was brilliant. As a hippy himself he knew what it was like but did push me a bit at times
  • Posted

Guess we can count ourselves lucky to have caring partners. Mine has been brilliant. Since my op she hasn't moaned once when I ask her if she would help me do something or get me something. Still I was her servant a couple of years ago when my wife was having chemo and radiotherapy.

i have to say I feel sorry for those on here that are on their own and have to try and fend for themselves post op.

• Posted

Me neither, my husband was wonderful. He went back to work 10 days after my operation and coped with everything before and after working a full day.

Linnet x

• Posted

totally agree there colin, how do singles cope with this?

My lovely lady has been great, and I have tried to make her know I appreciate it with special surprise presents every now and again.

Graham

• Posted

Lol like the innocent look so funny and i am sure Mrs Michael knows that look all to well 😍👍🏻
  • Posted

Bit over 10 weeks po and my daughter still brings my crutches over to the sofa (where I sleep) before she goes to bed each night. This is despite my having not used them in the house for at least four weeks. She's pretty blase about the rest of it now though. 
  • Posted

It's 3 weeks since the op and I've been home 2 weeks. My husband is very caring but tends to be overprotective. Last week I made the mistake of going out twice with my sister. We went to a friends 92nd birthday in the afternoon and my daughter took me out to meet friends at the local at night. I had a setback and then all I get is I told u so. 

Brends 😏

• Posted

Ugh. Being told "I told you so" is right up there with "Calm down" when one is making a valid point - enthusiastically.

Michael  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.