On and off headache for about 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I've been experiencing on and off headaches for about 2 weeks now. They're dull pains on the left side of my head. Some days I don't even have headaches at all. I sometimes get a throbbing pain when I stand up or move around, which then dissapears after a few seconds. I've had one time where I felt slightly nauseous, which waved over after a few minutes.

For a while I was convinced I had a brain tumor, but after doing some research I realised my headaches aren't severe enough at all for an ER visit, and I don't experience any of the symptoms besides headaches.

Maybe I should add that I'm not on any medication.

I haven't consulted a doctor about it (yet), because I rarely do so. Most of the time when I'm feeling sick, it disappears after a few days. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, it sounds like you are experiencing symptoms of a chronic tension headache. If these symptoms continue then it may be worth consulting a doctor which could be useful if only to put your mind at ease.

I would suggest that these symptoms could be attributed to stress or anxiety. Have you felt under an unusual amount of stress over the last few weeks?

If so, then steps to introduce more relaxation into your life such as 'progressive relaxation' and 'meditation' can have benefits. Also, sometimes if you worry about having headaches then that in itself can make the headaches worse. This can be another good reason to consult a professional because it can help to put your mind at ease.

There are other areas to consider as well as I believe headaches should be addressed in a holistic way. For example, changes in diet and exercise levels can also affect headaches. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.