On and off headache, head feels heavy, brain fog. Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to this site but I have been looking at posts on this website for quite some time now and decided to join to see if anyone could please, please help me.

A little backstory to me, I am 20 years old, 5’1, 180 pounds (please no judgement) About a few weeks ago, I noticed I became more tired than my normal always tired and I had this very strange sensation in my head. Nothing is spinning around me and I never fall but i feel that sometimes I am going to. This has been accompanied by a headache that can get very strong from time to time but a lot of time it is very dull. I seem to go to bed and wake up with the same headache. The feeling of pressure (I think you could call it pressure?) is driving me insane. Not only have I had low energy but this feeling in my head is making it so hard to go through everyday. I feel so off, my head is always hurting. I feel off balance. And my head feels foggy. I’d like to say my short term memory is a little off as well. I will go into rooms sometimes and forget what I am doing, also I will close out of apps on my phone to do something else which is when I forget what I even closed out of the app for. It is every single day this awful feeling in my head. I went to my PCP out of frustration, only for him to tell me he has no idea only maybe and to see a neurologist. I have a neurologist appointment in over a month and I can’t get one any sooner. I am afraid to go back to my PCP out of embarrassment but I am so uncomfortable. The PCP thought it was anxiety or a tension headache. I have a hard time explaining what I am feeling in my head. I like to say it’s a dull headache that gets worse at times with a feeling off off balance and pressure. I also experience more ringing in my ears than I have before. I see a hematologist regularly to assess my vitamin b12 (since that became oddly LOW for no reason over a year ago) and I’ve been receiving b12 shots every month since then. My b12 has been at a slow, slow increase. It rose from 250-650 in a year and a half despite me getting b12 shots every 2 weeks to a month. Last b12 reading was at 650 in May. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I feel off all the time. My family seems to blame it on my anxiety about it. But I really don’t believe that at all, I spend most of my days not really thinking about it but always feeling it. I also am anemic which was controlled by iron supplements that I take every night (last iron reading was 59 in January) If anyone has any ideas of what I should ask my hematologist I appreciate it. I have no idea what is wrong with me but I know deep down something is wrong with my head. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It could be a type of migraine. There are some foods that can trigger them like cheese, caffeine and red wine. Also your hormones can affect you. Maybe you have a problem in your inner ear, that could make you dizzy.

• Posted

HI! And thanks for your reply. When you say inner ear, did you mean vertigo? My PCP mentioned this but did not entertain the idea since I did not experience any spinning.

• Posted

Well because you said you felt off balance I thought maybe an inner ear infection. Do you or have you had a fever?

• Posted

Hello jillian

I have the same symptoms that you have, I have been suffering from this headache and lightheaded feeling over ten years now, I diagnosised with miagrine associated with vertigo, something related to vestibular I don't remember the name exactly, I always feel off balance, but it gets worse when I'm lacking sleeping or sleeping for a long time, hot weather also makes it worse, the only drug that works for me is Flunarizine, I have been on it for six months,

• Posted

Hi I appreciate your reply John, I am sorry that you are going through the same symptoms. I know how hard this is. What doctor diagnoised you with what you had?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.