On and Off Peri Symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I know that symptoms can come and go and for the most part mines does. I have good and bad days. But I noticed that for the last three years I always got really bad headaches and extremely sore breast right before my cycle and when the cycle was off it would go away. My breast were so sore I didn't want my clothes or bra to touch them.

Well the last 5 months I noticed that I no longer get the bad headaches or the sore breast. It just seems to have went away. Has anyone else expierenced this? Is this normal?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi jamie! Yep i had exactly this !! Really tight headaches and my breast were so tender and sore i couldnt bear underwear or even a hug with anyone. This has improved now like for you but its very draining when its happening xx
    • Posted

I thought it was odd. I had it for so long that when it just dissappeared I really thought something was wrong.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie, I had an increase in headaches and sore boobs and it stopped towards the end of peri too.

The sore boobs were with my cycle but I think headaches were at any time and I can remember often taking paracetamol before I went to bed.

I hate taking pills of any sort and could put up with it in the daytime but sleeping was hard enough as it was without trying to ignore my headache.

I was never really a headache person and got a bit worried about how often I was getting them.

The same with my boobs they used to feel heavier with my cycles but never painful until peri.

• Posted

I had constant headaches. But they were mainly around the time of my cycle. It concerned me that I had so many. But the boobs were the worst. They were heavy and so painful. I often took pregnancy tests because I just knew it was that. All of a sudden no more headaches and no more sore boobs. It scared me because it just stopped. I used to be able to tell when my cycle was coming by that. This peri stuff is crazy.
    • Posted

Golly Jamie,

I was sterilised but I kept saying to my husband if I hadn't been I would have worried that I was pregnant.

I even felt sick when I got up and the smell of some food especially eggs made me feel so sick it felt just like I was.

• Posted

I had a tubal ligation when I was 27. I knew I wasnt pregnant but my boobs felt so heavy and so sore that it hurt to hug anyone. It scared me when it just went away. I have very few headaches now when before I probably had a headache every other day. I never associated any of that with peri until I noticed that the last 5 months I have not had any of that at all. Now my cycle is due this week and I noticed that I am back to heart palps, nausea, gas and anxious a lot. I was doing good the last few weeks. But im trying hard to fight it.
  • Posted

HI Jamie!

totally normal. I have experienced the same thing. It comes and then goes away. I thought it was just me! Sorry you feel that way too-we are not alone in this...it too shall pass.

• Posted

Thank you Lisa. It just rattled me some because it just stopped. I had that for at least three years. But I'm not complaining.
  • Posted

Jamie, I wish my symptoms would take a vacation. No luck, something everyday, its usually my breasts and soreness. Now and then, it will be OK for a day or so, but I have the swelling really badly,. 
    • Posted

Mines seem to come and go. It seems to get worse around the time of my cycle.
  • Posted

Hi , oh yes headaches all time. And finally the really sore breast are finally done. But now my skin hurts, pains in the joints. Talk about trading one thing for another. Just know you are not alone sweetie

Take care of your self.

• Posted

You are right. It feels like I traded some symptoms for others. I hope the headaches and sore boobs are done.
    • Posted

Yes so far so good on it

But I'm not going to hold my breath on it. Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.