On and off sickness with labyrinthitis

Posted , 24 users are following.

hi I have been suffering with labyrinthitis since the middle of feb, I've suffered anxiety depression and all that goes with this horrible condition, I have had The scan and startred vestibular rehab therapy, I was just wondering if anyone has really good weeks then can go right back to square one, I'm so sick on and off, does anyone else have The same problems ?

2 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I was going on the crosstrainer doing 10 k at the beginning coz I was suffering with the sickness and doing more then vrt started all the sickness off I'm heaving all the time are you, I can't believe your 10 weeks in and you havnt seen ent or had a scan and not been to vrt hopfully you will be recovered by the time you get

There lol xx I cry most days too wondering if this will ever end xx

• Posted

I was doing the 10 k when I wasn't suffering with the sickness that's ment to say lol x
  • Posted

Aw bless ya no I've not been heaving just feeling really sick but never actually been sick. I have only just manged to get my doctor to agree to refer me to ENT they was so reluctant because they said I'm not a severe case and not been suffering long they said I had to have had it for months and months I kicked off and went back every week until they agreed they don't understand what it's like so can't say I shouldn't. The worst thing is people look at us and think we are fine but we feel awful inside people just assume its the light headed dizziness and it's not a constant feeling. We will all get through it and be happy people again :-)
  • Posted

I know what you mean the Docs take it like it's nothing it's really taking over my life not got a social bone in

My body, and yeh even family and close friends don't understand either coz we look so normal how did your shopping go today I went to b and q and heaved all the way round, no sick pills work

Shelly x

• Posted

Luckily my mum has been a rock she suffered with vertigo for 2 days a few years back so she can understand to a little extent and realises its not in my head. I have had to come stay with her for a while until I'm able to be on my own again I live in a shared house and I've only been there a month or so so I cant really explain it to my house mates. Aw bless ya has the ginger not worked for you? Shopping was ok and I went for a little walk to shop earlier too which was fine I wasn't swaying but knowing me I will be bad tomorrow as like you say this is illness is very cruel like that. Hope you start to feel better soon how frequent are your good days? X how long have you had this for? X
  • Posted

About 5 wks in to it I had 3 really good weeks then after the vrt it's been on and off it's like better days than

Others, I'm having a really bad few days this week where the anxiey has kicked in again its more the sickness

That gets me down, I'm due on soon I'm sure it has somet to do with it, I remember last weekend I went to the lakes for the day and enjoyed food ice cream and walked around Windermere felt great I was laughing

Singing the lot and now feel rotten watch you don't over do it and overload your brain like I did with vrt and had a full day out just after I started the vrt , I still cant believe you work there's not a chance I could xx

• Posted

Yeah I'm wondering If I have maybe over done it will see tomorrow, it's just hard as when you have a good day you want to do everything you normally can't do. I had to go shopping as I go abroad in few weeks and had no clothes nothing because I've not felt well enough to go out. I too think sickness could be part of been due on I was on this week just gone and that's when's felt extremely sick. I was dreading my period as apparently it can make things worse which I agree with I had the worst week just gone the anxiety all kicked in and couldn't sleep at all horrible. Do you ever feel resentful against people who don't have it and think god I hate you because your normal? I do it's bad I know but I get so annoyed that I have it. I have to work because I chat afford to be off I would lose my house my car everything which I have wanted so would feel worse x keep your chin up xxxx
  • Posted

It started mid of feb felt dizzy but it was the middle of march I had the one spin but I also had a water inf and was put on trimeiprm and I'm sure that's to blame coz I havnt been right since xc
  • Posted

Yeh I'm really bitter and twisted especially when I'm on face book 24/7 looking at people leading normal lives and all the negativity and moaning for nothing they want to try and be dizzy and sick like us, is a family holiday or girls one, if it fam at least you can rest, I'm going to chance my email

Adress to you and try and delete the comment after coz all our comment are for the world to see lol

• Posted

Do you have any sinus problems? I didn't have any signs of a cold infection nothing I just woke up one day dizzy so I had a couple days off, it started to go then the next week woke up again and had a spin but went to work then got taken home again felt dizzy for a few days then it eased off was still there but in the back ground. Then a month later I woke up during the night and couldn't move I was paralysed some people say its called sleep paralasis next day my arms hands and feet were very weak and slow at responding to anything. Doctors Said I had a slight fever and red throat even tho it wasn't sore nothing then bam off balance ear pains head aches all started I even at one point when I got put on meds thought that my bed was nearly upside down and I was falling off it was horrible. Do you have problems sleeping? X
  • Posted

Do you keep a diary, maybe you should write everything down each day ie what you eat symptoms you have and see if Anything triggers out off or if there are any patterns I keep a diary of it all so that I know what ate good days bad days what I did dif one day to the other etc. x
  • Posted

Just tried to send you my email adress it wouldn't have any of it yeh

Sick of going on Facebook and looking at people with lives it make me really mad when I see moaning gets

They want to try and be dizzy 24/7 lol

X

• Posted

Yeah they some how dont allow email address on here

xmandix88 at hotmail dot com

• Posted

I know it's like last week everyone i know was complaining of been burnt from the sun and sayin this is really bad and I'm sat there getting extremely angry because it's nothing compared to what we have I ended up snapping and saying try living wih this and that I would rather have sun burn any day they soon shut up.
  • Posted

I'm going to start to keep a diary from now on I go through phases with my sleep

But I'm

On anti depressants to get me thru this crap time so they help

Me sleep and no I dont seem to suffer sinus proplems but I do get headaches so hope your better for you

Holidays I hope it's a family resting one Wont be so bad then, if the administrators let you have my email adress just email me whenever, so hope you have a good day tomorrow I will keep you posted on tests on Friday oh and do you feel shaky sometimes x

Seeya

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.