on candersartan still having probs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi been on 4mg  candersartan for awhile and b/p has been ok had a few headaches recently thought nothing of it anyway i joined the health improvement team and they checked my b/p it was up again 148/98 was advised see doctor as wont be able to do exercise part can b/p medication stop working properly

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I was doing cardio rehab with much higher readings than you.

When my hypertension was initially found at 210/110 they would not let me do a treadmill stress test until it came down to 168/84 and that is probably much tougher than your exercises.

• Posted

Hi it seems the health people have a rule were if a reading is like mine they wont let me join in probably to do with liability /insurance perhaps i think another reason there is  concern is my family history as lost 2 grandparents to heart attacks i personally would have no problem exercising as i am there to get healthy  but the rules must be in place for a reason am at the doctors for a b/p check so will see what happens 
  • Posted

Happy New Year, Catlover 5!!!

When your bp was taken by the health group..did you have a chance to relax first? If not, you may not have been given a true reading. Also, did they take your bp just the once? Again, the possibility of not a true reading.

• Posted

Happy new year mike i was chatting for about 20 mins before they did my b/p and i cant remember if it was checked again but was told they would notify my doctor and i was advised to make an appt myself also mentioned my cholestrol which was 5.2 and said that needed checking aswell 
    • Posted

'Elf and safety gone mad. Who runs the health improvement team?

My family has a history of colon cancer but no one has ever offered to screen me.

One doctor I had for over 20 years said when I was moving from his area that he had always meant to have me screened and to ask my next GP. He said Why? My next GP just raised his eyebrows at such a suggestion.

• Posted

Hi it just seems doctors opinions and things differ from surgery to surgery which is frustrating as it makes you not want to bother discussing things its like the health improvement team run by nhs was concerned about my cholestrol which is 5.2 doesnt seem that bad yet the nurse said it needs the doctor to look into it 
  • Posted

When I was started on Candesartin (Amias) 8mg OD my systolic dropped to 150 but over the course of eight or nine weeks it began to rise again. I was also taking Ramapril 10mg, Verapimil 180mg and Co-Amilofruse 2.5/40mg OD and subsequently I was switched to a generic version which left me waking up during the night struggling to breathe - allergic reaction. I went back to the Amias version only to develop a blcokd nose and the feeling I had a chesty cold. The GP immediately said "Candersartin" and I stopped it. The drug didn't suit me but generally it seems to be a good drug that suits many people but not the likes of me. I'n not kncking genereric versions of drugs either, I found the generic of a different drug more suitable than the branded  version. Some of this information might also interest an earlier discussion about Candesartin.
  • Posted

I am sure everyone is trying to do their best for their patients but finding the best combination of drugs to suit each person is a matter of trial and error and some people have illogical hypertension. Twice my bp has gone UP when doses have been increased and gone DOWN when they have been reduced. That surprises them.
  • Posted

Just to let everyone know my b/p was fine when the doctor checked it so he has asked to see me in 3 weeks time and in the mean time check it myself twice a week
  • Posted

Hi. Didn't understand your message. I guess the team think vigorous excercise is risky. I go to the gym but take it slowly and have a swim every week. My BP is usualy 140/95.

Walking regularly is good (you probably know that). I've been on Candesartan 8mg and Amlodepine 5mgs for a couple of years. Take it early morning so it doesn't affect my sleep at night. Sometimes miss a day if I've got a quiet day at home and this reduces side effects.

• Posted

Hi yes i do walking and i like swimming prefer swimming due to an ankle issue my blood pressure was fine today so am happy maybe the health team caught me on a bad day but hopefully next they see me it will be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.