on celexa 22 weeks in headachs normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to everyone that's fighting side effects of Celexa

I'm on week 22 with Celexa and have a question

been having really bad headache for 3 days now all day long even tylonal can't take away

is that normal is this called a blip what's wrong with me , help please scared there is more wrong with me than just anxiety

anyone please let me know what u think this means I am scared and the anxiety is feeding on it and makes me even more scared and worried

thank u for any response back babsyboo

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've definitely had headaches along the way, when I started, when I changed brand and definitely when I reduced dose over the past week.

I know this isn't exactly your scenario as you've been on the same dose all this time but I wanted to reassure you that it's very likely to be the medication.

• Posted

How are you doing apart from the headaches? I'm weaning off them after 6 months of trying two different AD with no improvement and actually feeling worse than before I started. Like Charlie I've had headaches all the time on them as well if you are really concerned maybe give your doctors a ring for advice most seem to be doing phone consultations at moment.

• Posted

Hi

I'm doing okay I guess besides the few days of none stop headaches

today not so bad . Still mornings ruff and still anxiety and crying on different days also still shakes here and there and nausea come and going on different days . How are u doing ? Thank u for ur response back . Hubby thinks maybe time to ween of the Celexa he thinks not in need of them anymore that's why does nasty side effects are back . They were gone for some time , what do u think ???

• Posted

Got to be a personal decision, depends if they are helping you,I'm only coming off them because they haven't helped me at all and increased symptoms and actually made me feel worse so figure 6 months long enough. . Others should be able to advise you how long you should stay on them before thinking of coming off them. I would have put up with side efffects if they'd helped hopefully someone with more experience will respond! Some people stay on them long term but at end of the day got to be your decision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.