On citalopram for 16 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

My 16th day and anxiety and panic attacks are 100x worse. 

On Friday day I felt ok

I don't want to take them anymore.

i need advice I feel like I'm losing my mind.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry,please stay with them cos all these meds give the same side effects. You are defo in early days, and still on a low dose. My doc started me on 20 mg 5 weeks ago, the 2nd week I had to increase to 30, and a week later up to 40. In the first few weeks I felt I was wired up to electricity but for the last ten days I've seen a BIG improvement....I'm thrilled. Please understand that your body and brain is not used to this substance. It needs to get used to it...it's complaining to you loudly. Go with the expression "they make you feel worse before you feel better." Discuss with your doc, they may just give you an increase...they usually start you on the low dose and increase over the next month or so. Good luck

• Posted

Hey kerry i hear u its awful ur still in early days but u need to stick with it if ur really struggling ask your doc for some diaz just to knock out the anxiety until the cit starts to work. Even if u dont want diaz def discuss with your doc
    • Posted

I'm so scared and can't stop crying, I'm worrying more.

I'm a single mum and run my own business I can't cope.

• Posted

Aw i know how u feel but ur roughly half way there! Take my advice ask ur doc for a short low dose of diaz it will take the edge off! Even if u dont want the diaz telling ur doc how u feel might re assure u a bit? Post on here as much as u need to we've all been where u r! I have more than once in fact im there now but i promise it gets easier! X

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

You know the only reason we go onto these drugs is because of the desperate situation we find ourselves in. The side effects are bad early on, depending how bad you were suffering before. You really have to force yourself through the early days to get to the better ones. Not taking them isn't really an option. I was off work for about 3 months flat out on the sofa, couldn't eat, sleep, do anything really. Then I started to feel really good. I got through it and now I am withdrawing at the moment. You do need some kind of help and support early on or at least some time out.

• Posted

Thank you

I've decided to ween myself off them and to try and do this without any drugs.

I've had the worst 2 days of my life and can't remember feeling that bad ever.

• Posted

I just stopped them, I feel so much better.

Not 100% but lots better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.