On day one

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi girls started taking tablets today, just a quick question im writing everything down, but have only had 26grms of fat, is that ok :?:

really am pleased ive found this forum it is so helpful. long way to go so hopefully im going to take one day at a time

sam xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sam - 26g is fine. You're supposed to aim for around 30g a day but it's a bit of a faff trying to get it spot on and there will be days when you're a few grams over, so it balances out.

I've a long way to go too - going for my first months weigh-in today - but as I've had a 10 day holiday I'm not expecting good news, still as you say... one day at a time!!

Best of luck, let us know how you get on. :D

• Posted

I wouldn't go over the 30g otherwise you will get nasty side effects!

I have a low fat cereal for breakfast with 1% fat milk ( I worked out I use less than 400ml of milk per day by working out how long the carton of milk lasts me) so I log that as 4g of fat for the day. I usually have a fairly low fat lunch, then I add the fat content of the good for you hot choc drink I have at bedtime, then I add up the grams of fat used and work out how many grams of fat I have left for tea but making sure I don't go over 15 g.

To simplify you could do it like this 5g of fat for breakfast, 10g for lunch , 15g for tea and if any left you could have low fat snacks (Never more than 15g per meal) but don't worry if it doesn't get up to 30g I rarely use 30g of fat as my nurse recommended I eat between 1200-1500 calories and I usually reach the calories before the 30g of fat.

• Posted

thanks girls, it really does help having this forum to come & ask questions, finding it a bit easier today think i was taking it all a bit to serious yesterday, even duested the wii fit off and did 25 mins, must admit i was shocked at the amount of fat in fresh salmon, not counting calories this week just thought id concentrate on the fat first

thanks girls xx

• Posted

Hi Sam I found I became obsessed with food, the fat content and calories for the first month but it wore off after that. I must admit I was shocked at the fat content of some foods I thought were fairly healthy. I love cheese but even avoid the low fat cheese as it is still so high in fat. To begin with I struggled to think of different things to eat but eventually found lower fat alternatives and often find something new to try when I go shopping. When I'm being lazy, need something quick I heat up a weight watchers meal or Asda Good for You frozen meal (I tried the chilled Asda Good for You but found they tasted like cardboard) smile
  • Posted

Sammy - make small changes you can stick to, it's better to lose slowly and keep it off.

That's where I've gone wrong in the past - I've gone blazing into some faddy diet, eating 'dust' for a week, losing loads of weight, then fizzling out when I started hallucinating about 'proper food' and so putting back on all the weight I'd lost plus a load more for good measure!

Had my first month weigh in yesterday (3 weeks and 2 days to be exact) and despite the holiday treats I've lost 5lb so I'm really pleased.

I'm NOT dieting - I'm changing 40+ years of bad eating habits! :P

• Posted

Hi doughball well done for your weight lose that's great, struggling to have my allocation today again only had 16 so far, but am quite full up at the mo

Oh well I'll get the hang of it :D

Sam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.