ON DEPO FOR 8 YEARS STARTED TO BLEED AGAIN

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI. IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE.

I'VE BEEN ON DEPO INJECTION FOR 8 YEARS NOW. I STARTED ON IT WHEN I TURNED 40 SO NOW IM 48 BUT STILL HAVE DUE TO ENDOMETRIOSIS.

THE LAST TWO INJECTIONS I HAVE HAD A SMALL BIT OF SPOTTING BUT NO REAL PERIOD.

TO MY HORROR TODAY I STARTED BLEEDING VERY HEAVILY ONLY A LITTLE PAIN NOTHING LIKE IT USED TO BE,  AND IM DUE MY NEXT INJECTION IN 2 DAYS.

CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVICE PLEASE IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Uhhh that's not cool?? I'm on Lupron, which I know is different. You've been on it for so long...maybe your body has grown a tolerance against it. Perhaps switch to a different but similar treatment? SO sorry for your pain. Praying for you. xoxo

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Went to gp and need to stop the depo after next injection. So I have 6 months to decide what I want to do.

• Posted

What are the options about which you have to decide in 6 mos, Paula?
    • Posted

Okay, then ask them about it. The options they give you aren't restrictive. And remember, no doctor knows everything.

• Posted

As with the Lupron, you may want to call them up and ask why, and ask about plain hysterectomy (uterus only) and "total" hysterectomy. The latter isn't medical terminology so say specifically that you want to know why not take out ovaries, tubes, uterus & cervix.

On the latter they'll say "oh, but you'll want your ovaries passing along hormones til they die" but what they really mean is that they'll leave one or both so that you'll need another surgery in a few years.

Yes, jaded much here lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.