On Esmya to shrink fibroids and still had a period, has anyone else experienced this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm 36 and have recently need diagnosed with two submucal fibroids the largest is about 9cm.

My Gyne has put me on Esmya to shrink them before they are removed via a hysterocopic myanectomy as I would still like to have children.

I started Esmya immediately after my appointment and my period did not come when due however on my 13th my period started, it about 25% lighter and I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out from the blood loss but still had pains.

Has anyone else experienced something like this on Esmya??

Cheers

Marsha

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marsha, I was in Esmya for 6 months & it completely stopped my periods but didnt shrink my fibroid. Maybe the fact that you are bleeding means its reducing. I hope so. Best Regards

Heather

• Posted

Hi I was only esmya for 6 months and my periods didn't stop at all. I don't recall them being lighter either. Despite that my fibroids shrank.
    • Posted

That's good to know, it's still a fairly new drug so there is not that much helpful information outside of the forums

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.