On fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks will it get better

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I'm currently on 10mg of fluoxetine for my terrible anxiety and panick attacks in at week 2 and feeling awful shaky headaches sweating feeling unreal it's awful just wanna curl up and hide please tell me it gets better I'm struggling thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Amy.   Although everyone is unique, what your experiencing is normal and expected.  As you read many of the posts, most are, or have, gone through something similar.  Your not alone, and we’re here to support you.  The side effects should taper off.  Unfortunately your system takes time to get acclimated to the medication.  Stay strong and connected.  We’ll get through this together.  
    • Posted

Thanks so very much may I ask what mg you're on and how far into you're at it's so very hard at the moment but it's great that I can chat to others who is in or has been in this situation xx

• Posted

I’m on 20mg, I just passed week 5.  My first 3 weeks were pretty terrible; similar to what your experiencing.  Week 4 it started to ease up.  This week has been better, but not perfect, but I feel it’s improving.  Below are a few extra things I’m trying.

- Avoiding caffeine.  Drink more water.  Healthy smoothies. 

- I have been forcing myself to exercise.  Run/Walk.  Burn off my anxiety/stress.

- Listening to some relaxing meditation sessions via YouTube.  

- Relaxing breathing techniques. 

- Rest

- Try to eat something after I take my meds.  Helps with the nausea.  

It’s been a challenge.  But I’ve learned a lot from others on this site.  

• Posted

The doctor wants to up my dose to 20mg soon I'm so scared of that I'm terrible taking 10mg yes I have been trying some of the things you've mentioned drinking more water cutting caffeine relaxing and listening to meditation it's the mornings are the worst but we will get there im hoping best of luck to you and tc xx

• Posted

I concur, mornings are the most challenging.  It’s common to increase the dose until you find what’s right for you.  I pray your side effects pass soon.  Just need to stay strong.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.