On fluoxetine 20mg now for 47days?

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's been a roller-coaster ride, 1st few weeks had bad nauseous sickness, feeling tired lots, high anxiety insomnia,, gurgling tummy bowel problems,and fuzzy foggy head, end of week 5 into week 6 started to feel good seeing light at end of dark tunnel. Now last 4 days feel so down no motivation depression feels worse than ever, the side affects have returned with a vengeance, just wondering does this happen at nearly 7 weeks in, I'm thinking this is not going work for me I just feel horrible, should I stick with it?advice greatly appreciated

0 likes, 217 replies

217 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi , i am also on fluoxetine , small dose, do not feel well, more than a month, loose faith in this one,i am sorry i cant really help you as i feel the same, i see Kim has also replied to you, we are having discussion about this...
    • Posted

Thanks Hope it works out well for you anne92030,seems to take a long time to settle in system and work
    • Posted

thanks  bigmant, never suffered like this before, sorry for my "optimistic" post.....

• Posted

Stick with it Anne, you should get some ok days soon!! It definitely is a rollercoaster, I'm 7 weeks and had a couple of okay days where you think you're coming through it and then bang you feel like you're back to square one and that you want to stop them! I've felt like this for a few days again now and it's so disheartening but I'm determined to stick it out! What dose are you on? Xxx

• Posted

i am on liquid form less than 10 mg!! you will laugh...... as i could not hold more, the psychiatrist saw me and he did not discuss on this, I feel too anxious, more than anxiety, tensed all time, weird.

​i hold on and i ll see, i withdraw also benzo and lamictal that I took small dose in order to minimize the dizziness due to my inner ear...hard time

• Posted

Hi Bigmant,

​I do not see any improvement unfortunately, tensed feeling and fainting like does not vanish, it is the most awful side effect

• Posted

and I have a very small dose, it is ridiculous, I don't understand

• Posted

Different doses are more therapeutic for different people, so 10mg may be best for you but 20 for others I think.  Give it time, I'm sure it will work for you, it's hard going xxxx

• Posted

the only thing I can say, it is that I will see....day to day...no choice
  • Posted

Yes! You should stick with it. The good days mean the medicine is working. It's not a quick fix, 1 step forward 2 back. End of my 5th week had two good days followed by 3 bad. For some, it can be anywhere between 5 and 2 months before you have mostly good. I'm not there either and feel the same , but don't give up! You've come so far and are about to turn a corner. Hang in there you'll have good days and unfortunately still some bad days, but the Ned is working, it's just very slow.

• Posted

Thanks RonVis il hang in there, keep up the good work, keep in touch how you get on
    • Posted

Hi RonVis do you get sick nauseous feelings nowadays
    • Posted

Yes, slight nausea, fuzzy head that weighs a ton, and body just seems lazy and doesn't want to get up.  Mentally fine, but physically down.  Having a rough couple of days.  End of my 6th week- trying to stay positive and let the medicine work, i have had moments of normalcy, but it just won't take hold.  You?

• Posted

Hi RonVis yup last few days I've been getting it tough,got some ant nauseous meds to try for few days, been getting more side effects, prickly heat feeling, bit more panicky than usual last few days anxious ibs , my mood so low was thinking stopping, but hopefully I'm so near a turning point in the 8th week now, advice on here is all that's keeping me going, thanks, keep up good work

• Posted

same, so glad I found this site.  I hate this heavy head, it's not headaches, but like I'm carrying a brick on top of my head.  I find some peace in that we are going through this together - I look forward to us coming out on the other end and being of encouragement to others.

• Posted

Oh, and I also had a brief moment of thinking I should just stop, but I want the last 6 weeks to mean something.  I dont' want to  stop and the corner was just the next day.  One day, the next day will be here.  Hang in there buddy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.