On fluoxetine 20mg now for 47days?

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's been a roller-coaster ride, 1st few weeks had bad nauseous sickness, feeling tired lots, high anxiety insomnia,, gurgling tummy bowel problems,and fuzzy foggy head, end of week 5 into week 6 started to feel good seeing light at end of dark tunnel. Now last 4 days feel so down no motivation depression feels worse than ever, the side affects have returned with a vengeance, just wondering does this happen at nearly 7 weeks in, I'm thinking this is not going work for me I just feel horrible, should I stick with it?advice greatly appreciated

0 likes, 217 replies

217 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Bigmant, I'm exactly the same! Just seven weeks for me & had had a few ok days but the last few have been horrible!! Really bad anxiety, fuzzy foggy head, feel sick and like I'm losing it!! You're not alone! Hang in there, we'll get through this!

• Posted

Hi Chris26026,this is all I needed to hear, thought it was just me and the meds were not agree with me, il keep at them, today when I went for Christmas dinner I felt sick no appetite, it's not me lol I love my food, managed to pick through, keep in touch let me know how you get on, many thanks

• Posted

I'm nearly week 6 - had a bad 3 days - feeling anxious all day and 2 panics today . Felt fine this time last week , I'm hoping tomorrow will get better . we gotta stick this out on fluoxetine .

• Posted

Hi Bigmant, how you feeling? I was a bit more relaxed last night but think it was just because I was so exhausted with it all!  This morning woke up feeling really low, then I get panicky, like a pit of doom! Horrible!  Hoping it passes soon and I get a good day!! X
    • Posted

Hi Andrea, how you feeling? It's so strange how we can feel ok for a little while and then worse again! X

• Posted

Hi Chris last night I felt OK just relaxed in front of TV 📺 had a good sleep last night even lay to 9.45 this morning, got up did some my daily routine feeling 6 out of 10 score this morning, fingers crossed all be good today just have slightly nauseous feeling now,hopefully face my dinner today better than yesterday,, keep up the big fight my friend, we will get there

• Posted

Keep up the good work Andrea, it's not easy I've been finding it so hard at times just find it hard to understand how we can feel well for few days then crash bang it's like back to start again just feeling horrible again, if it wasn't for this forum I would probably stop meds, but now I've decided stick with it, there's light 💡 at the end, it's just time and patiance, hope you're day is going good today tc

• Posted

Feel spaced out today and very low . Hoping today will be ok . Gotta look after the kids but got my husband to help also . No panic attack yet . Don't know why my symptoms have gone worse . Only a few hours sleep for me last night .U ok ?

• Posted

Glad you're having a better day Bigmant! I've felt a bit better for the last hour or so but just very edgy waiting for the panic to rear it's ugly head!! 😊  Hope you have a great day! X

• Posted

So far today feeling not to bad just have like sickie nauseous feeling hopefully as day goes on itl subside just wish it go away my appetite come back, seems to be you have get worse before get better with these meds , most nights past while I don't sleep well when I awaken I get anxious and then can't get back to sleep, just wrestless rest of night,I nead take sleep med lots to, I hope your day pucks up, I'm behind you all the way, it's hard fight but will get there, keep up good work all be OK

• Posted

Hi chris, didn't sleep well last night,anxiety through the roof, so today I've been really low and depression not good,sick nauseous slight prickly heat feeling swarms and neck ,this is the beginning of my 8th week now, thinking of trying see Dr in the morning see if she will up the meds now 10mg for 2weeks then another 10 mg bring me onto 40 mg, went 30 minutes walk today, how have you been

• Posted

Maybe this drug is not for you? Honestly, I see all these posts where people are saying 'stick with it' 'keep taking it..' and I don't understand...if the drug doesn't feel right after a couple of weeks, then maybe it isn't the drug for you? I hate seeing people suffer trying to make this drug work. Try another one. There are a lot of other options. Just don't want you to see you go through all when there are other options. Just my personal option. I am so HAPPY I stopped taking it after 3 weeks. That was enough time for me to know. If I have to take a pill that makes my anxiety WORSE for months, forget it!! Maybe it will work for someone else and not you. You have to go with what YOU feel. What is your body and instinct telling you? Best. X0

• Posted

Hi Bigmant, sorry you haven't had a great day!! I'm the same so up and down!  Yesterday ended up being an ok day but today not too good, not the worst but not good really, so many scary physical side effects!  

You're a little behind me but I'm sure we'll start having better days soon, it really is slow to work!  See what you're doc says, you know what's best for you!  I'm going to try and hold out for a few more weeks! Let me know how you get on and message me anytime if you need to xxx

• Posted

Hi Bigmant! How you feeling?  
    • Posted

Hi Chris this morning I was feeling low, didn't sleep well, this afternoon I started to pick up,ratings 6__10 and tonight 7_10 just lil nausea, how are you doing

• Posted

Hi chris do you get that sick nauseous feeling very much, past while it's with me lots , then if I have good few hours it seems to go, it's a hard 1

• Posted

Hi Bigmant, yep I still get it too, not pleasant!! I get practically every symptom or side effect,  they come and go in waves!  Yesterday & the day before I had some okayish hours but some not so good! I'd say about 5/10!  Today I've woken up with loads of adrenaline, I can actually feel it down my arms, very agitated & worry that there's something seriously wrong with me and I'll be like this forever but just trying to keep busy and be positive!  Very difficult though!  How you feeling today? X

• Posted

Hi Chris I had good night's sleep last night got up early feeling good but by 11am I felt anxiety starting my mood dipping, couldn't feel positive just wanted to crawl into a hole, then I pushed myself out 30 min walk in home tried relaxing, had visit from friend, didn't want see him, but had chat, just 1 them days again, I rang the Dr, she called me back, don't know what do now, she said I shouldn't be feeling sickness nauseous so much now, up to me now if I'm to change the medication, back to vensir which I was on for 8 years b4 , stopped working beginning this year, Dr prescribed me anti nauseous tablets see how I go, just so fed up with this now, never know my mood or mind from 1 day to next

• Posted

What time are you taking your tablets? Are you noticing your mood dips closer to the time you have taken them?
    • Posted

I take my tablet 💊 every morning at 08.00,my mood can change at anytime I don't think really matters,what time , just wish it would be more steady good feeling hang around longer

• Posted

Hey Bigmant, I'm the same with the mood, It can dip at anytime, think this is just part of the process! I've had the odd ok moments today but a lot of low mood and agitation this evening!  Like you said it's a rollercoaster!  I take my tab in the morning too, but I know some take it in the evening but I'm scared in case it affects my falling asleep! I still get the nausea too so I think it's probably just a lingering side effect, I think the ones that bother us the most stick around the longest, with me it's breathlessness amongst other things!!  Like my husband said to me before, I can't possibly have anything else wrong with me, doesn't make the symptoms whether real or imaginary any less scary though! Xxx

• Posted

Hi chris hows your day, me today had a low 1, just didn't go out much today,

• Posted

Bigmant, strating my 7th week.  Had some good days so I thought I was emerging, but have had a couple of bad days.  I think I'm a little different as my depression manifested itself not in panic attacks, but in physical symptoms - so they seem to be sticking around more than I want.  I went to the doc this past Tuesday and he said 2 months is a key time.  He said if I'm having good moments, the medicine is working, it's just a slow process.  I hate the process, expecially when it teases you with good days.  But. I'm in it for at least 2 more weeks, I have faith that the timetable is correct and that this isn't like a spreained ankle, this is rewiring your brain.  I will give you encouragement and would accept yours too.  I know we will get through us, we've been this strong for this long.

• Posted

Hi Bigmant, dare I say it but yesterday was okay!  Not great, I still had times where I'd feel low or anxious but it was easier to brush it off!  Hope it continues, woke up this morning with the usual anxiety!  8 weeks for me now!  How you feeling today? Xx

• Posted

Hi Ronvis, you're doing great, it's amazing that you can give so much support too!  I agree with you in the rewiring the brain statement!  How you feeling today? X

• Posted

Hi RonVis your support is greatly appreciated, I'm going to continue on with the fluoxetine been on it to long now to give up, your support and everyone else is all very much appreciated , ive had couple panic attacks this morning apart from that feeling good now, will get there, keep at it, keep up the good work, your knowledge on this is helping me big time thanks

• Posted

Hi chris, had good sleep last night, got up this morning feeling good, went into town out of blue had couple hot flushy panic type things, then I forgot where I parked the car 🚗 😁 got it haha, so far it's been good day I wish they're all like this, take care my friend, keep up good work, have a happy new year

• Posted

Hey Chris, just fee shaking, heavy head and want to sleep all the time, but I push myself to get up and get moving, slight hot flashes too. So ready to hit the day when it fully works. It can be exhausting to not be who I was
    • Posted

Thanks big, as is yours. I wish I could speed up the days. Side effects or physical symptoms of depression, I can't tell the difference anymore. Starting week 7, maybe this week...

• Posted

Chris, when you say anxiety, how does that present itself with you...what are the symptoms? Trying to determine what that feels like as this is all new to me.
    • Posted

Hi Bigmant, I get the flashy things too!  Glad it's a good day for you, okayish up to now for me too!  Happy New Year! Xx

• Posted

Hi Ronvis,  I think I have every physical side effect.  I feel like a drama queen sometimes!  The main ones that annoy me the most are like body/ adrenaline rushes, breathlessness, light headedness and shakiness!  I'm always convincing myself that there's something wrong with me, but try to reassure myself that it's all side effects of the meds!  How's your day going? Hope you have a Happy New Year!  Xxx

• Posted

Hi Ron, today's 1 of them days just wish it would speed up, I feel just like you said on your last post, I can't tell anymore if I'm sick or physical symptoms of depression or just side effects,, yesterday had good few hours feeling well, making plans, got up this morning it's all gone again, have low mood, anxiety feeling lil nausea and tired,, but it's another day nearer recovery, hows your day

• Posted

Hi Chris feel exactly the same . My docs these are not side effects this is the anxiety . 7 weeks nearly for me . Feel like stopping the meds when in low mood but I've come this far .

• Posted

How you doing Andrea? Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Chris had 2 good days but today has been awful , anxious and intrusive thoughts x do think this bordering on depression side of the tablets . It's been 8 weeks tomorrow . How are you ?

• Posted

Hi Andrea,  the good days show you're getting there!  I had 5/6 days of okay feeling much better but the last couple not too great, anxious and low!  So up and down!  How you doing today? Xxx

• Posted

That's great . Praying I have 5/6 good days at the mo it's about 2/3 . Mine anxiety comes in waves throughout the day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.