On Flux for 4 weeks.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wish i felt better. Fed up......

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi su

I'm only in to my 9 day and still feeling bad, BUT after reading on here some of the reports are saying it can take up to 8 weeks or more b4 they do kick in, and that you will def feel worse b4 you get better, so I'm afraid your slowly getting there, near then I am, but you've got to grit your teath and stick it out if you can.. that's what Iv been told way to early for the drug to kick in, unless your very lookie and it works early ..

They all seem to say it is a good drug, but slow to work, but when it does it's great..

So do your best your half way there maybe, and who knows tomorrow maybe the turning point for you, that what I live in hope that each day will be nearer to the start of feeling good, because at the mo, my depression is very low where I don't want to leave the house, but iv got to give this drug a go, like you I wish it was now... but unfortunately it's not..

I do hope you keep going and things will soon be good for you, take care ... 😌X

• Posted

Thankyou so much. Lets hope it kicks in for you soon x
  • Posted

Hang on in there and don't give up it's worth it I'm 3 months on another 2 weeks and you'll be on the up xx

• Posted

Oh god i hope so. Its 4 weeks now. Ive Had really bad side effects for 3 weeks.
  • Posted

I'm 6 weeks on prozac and feel worse . Bad thoughts and anxiety is through the roof . Hoping it passes soon too.

• Posted

Hi Su!

I know the early days are horrendous 😞 I'll give you a bit of my experience to hopefully lift your spirits a bit!

I'm 8 weeks in today. 8 weeks ago, I was going through a complete nervous breakdown as my old med had pooped out on me. I was despondent, basically afraid of my own shadow. I wouldn't get out of bed.  The first few weeks on fluox was the worst. The side effects were terrible, as was the anxiety and irrational thoughts that came along with it. I stuck with it, and very VERY slowly things have been getting better. Even a week ago I was still questioning whether this would be the right med for me. I had barely any good days and was pretty desperate to feel better. 

Now, I've had some really good days since last week. Wednesday was great, Thursday was ok, and yesterday was great as well. I woke up once this morning at 5, and managed to go back to sleep until 7:45! That was huge for me! They say that the improvements tend to happen between weeks 8-12, then recovery accelerates after. You still, unfortunately, are in early days, but not every day is bad. The improvements happen so gradually, your family/friends will probably notice before you! But please, hang in there. I know it sucks. I know I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. But coming through the other side I imagine will be the very best feeling in the world! And how strong are we to stick with it! I still have a ways to go, but I have faith that all this pain is going to be worth it ????

• Posted

Thankyou so much! Someone that actually gets it. This means SO much to me.  

Ive got so much anxiety,  agitation and hopelessness at the minute but your reply has truly helped me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.