On going abdominal pains / stress / anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello everyone,

im 30 years old and this all began novmeber 2018, it started with chest tightness, from there its moved to my upper abdominal, lower abdominal, lower quads, and the pubic line, ive had a number of blood tests, endoscopy, ultra sound on the upper half, all come back clear, i was then refered to an gastroenterologist who said it was reflux which i dont have and gave me a months worth of reflux tablets which did absolutely nothing, ive since been back to the Drs and the pains in the lower groin area are worsening, when then talked about anixty etc and im now on a course of antidepressants, question is, can all this really come from stress/anixty? any one else suffer from this sort

of thing? its been going on for to long now and everyday in my head i think im suffering from some terminal illness that hasnt been picked up and its like groundhog day over and over in my head.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

it can be yes..but you defo need 2 things

1. relax and calm...you do not have terminal illness
    2. if not better after few weeks while trying to calm down you just need further test.

ps: do not worry too much....

take care bud

• Posted

hi

i know that anxiety can make symptoms worse with a wide range of things like ulcers etc. but normally there is an underlying issue, however you've had alot of test so i guess that rules out anything bad, hope you get to the bottom of it

• Posted

Have you taken a CT scan?

• Posted

thanks for the kind replys, im not been offered a CT scan, i think maybe next to come will be the colonoscopy, im due to see the gastroenterologist again in March.

• Posted

Anxiety can cause gut problems such as IBS. Do you have bowel habit change? IBS can cause pain just about anywhere. Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing it?

• Posted

it could very well be IBS, but when reading about that it seems to "come and go" after eatting etc where as mine is anytime, the pains can last from an hour to a day, they wake me at night, they come on at work/anytime, can range from dull aching to pretty sharp horrid pains. Its destroying my life if im honest. im hoping these antidepressents well help me back to where i need to be, but only time will tell i guess.

• Posted

IBS is different for everyone. It doesn't always come and go after eating. It can be constant or come and go unrelated to food. Mine was daily and constant with four different types pain: dull, sharp, sore to touch and deep grinding with no relation to food. Stress was my trigger. It was this way for three and a half months.It woke me from sleep, could last for days, weeks or months. I thought I couldn't have IBS because I also read it was come and go pain like my brother had.

After diagnosis, it changed to come and go with months and now years of remission. What you read online about IBS is very general. Patient experience is far more reliable. Have your bowel habits changed? Still consider IBS and ask your doctor if it could be a possibility.

• Posted

ive not had any sort of change to be honest, theyve always been the same, never had diarrhea etc for as long as i can remeber which had lead me to believe it cannot be ibs and something elsewhere which is only getting worse as time ticks on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.