On going chest discomfort...

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys and gals . so here is my situation or i would like to know if anyone else gets this. ive had so many test done accept a endoscopy and breath test which they cant do because i weigh to much. ive had multiple blood test and heart tests and xrays and nothing found . but my concern iw the chest discomfort ive been having . alot of gas latley and bad breath and stomach cramps. so for instance for dinner i had chicken fingers and fries and as good as it sounds i started feeling chest cramps like a sharp stabbing pain about 2mins after eating . which persist for about 10mins. as soon as i went for a number 2 the sharp pain went away but still a little chest cramping. i also habe bad anxiety . i get hemroids alot as far as itchy and sore . sometimes i get tingling in my arms which i guess is linked to my anxiety. Anxiety and stomach issues run in the family

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may have a hiatus hernia. Are you taking anything for acid reflux at the moment?

Also do you drink alcohol? If you do what is your usual drink?

• Posted

just started something for acid reflux. i had a lowe abdomel cat scan done which showed a small umbilical chord hernia . and no i dont drink or smoke

• Posted

You could have a bit of IBS. Has this been mentioned to you? Look up low fodmap diet. Things like fructose, lactose, wheat and sweeteners can be bad for IBS. Things you may think are good for you can often contain things very bad for your stomach like certain fruits and veg even some fruit juice or smoothies.

Not everything on the high fodmap list will affect you, but it gives you an idea of what could affect you. For example if your chicken fingers had breadcrumbs on, that may affect you.

The other thing is you could have a food intolerance or sensitivity, possibly wheat or dairy. You could try and give up wheat for 2 weeks and your symptoms get better, you will know it is something to avoid, or the same with dairy. It doesn't mean you have to give up that food for good, just limit it and be prepared for a bit of discomfort when you do eat it. Unless you have celiac disease but I think you get a rash from that.

• Posted

You said you had breath test. I hope your HPylori must have come negative.

Because many symptoms you told, I had because of HPylori infection.

• Posted

Also, you must go for a morning walk in a green area or a garden. May be it will help less with your weight issue.. but for sure it will help you with anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.