On going chest pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all hoping someone might be able to help me out here or reassure me.

For the past 2/3 months I have been getting chest pain In the center of my chest it can also be in the left side and sometimes the right side, the pain can be from a quick grabbing pain a sharp stabbing pain or a pulling pain or tightness, I get a pressure in the center of my chest what can be scary.

I do also get pain in my shoulder neck and back but not always, I generally feel awful and don't even want to get it of bed as I'm always scared my heart is going to givenout on me.

I've had several ecgs (ekgs) and blood tests to check my heart always come back fine.

I am waiting to go have a echocardiogram in a week. Any advice would be great.

The doctor have said things like it could be a stomach ulcer or muscler but not sure.

I am 25 years old I'm not the most active of people but I'm not over weight.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had horrendous chest pains which sometimes radiated into my upper back . All the tests came back negative (including CTangiogram). My chest pains were caused by GERD and I have Barretts esophagus...found thorugh endoscopy (i had no heartburn). Perhaps you should see a gastroenterologist. Medications seemd to stop the chest painsĀ .
    • Posted

They put me on 40 mg omeprazole just in case but don't seam to be helping been taking them every morning for 2 months.
  • Posted

Why dont you consult with expert.
    • Posted

I have been in and out of hospital with all this and they don't have a clue what's going on I've got a list of tests I have to go for just wanted to see if anyone else has had and symptoms like this before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.