On going Chest pains for 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

3 months ago I had chest pains, shortness of breath and pins & needles down both my arms and then onto my legs. I went to A&E as I thought I was having or about to have a heart attack. At the hospital they carried out blood tests, I had 2 ECG's and after about 5 hours I was discharged as they couldn't see I was at risk or anything serious happened.

I am 28 year old male, do not smoke, drink twice a month, not particularly active and weigh 14 stone. Since then I have had and on-going chest pains which seem to come ago without reason, I may go a day with no issue, then I will have a full day of a tight chest or pains in the left side of my chest. I also come over hot with sweaty hands and the pain doe travel up to my shoulder and neck every now and again. I have had a further ECG and blood test carried out at a BUPA clinic as part of a health check and they also see no cause for concern. However I am struggling to understand why I am constantly feeling physical pain, discomfort and worry about if it is something much more serious. What steps can I take next?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you have anxiety? Or are you stressed out about it? These can be causing your pain
    • Posted

That was raised as a possibility, but I don't feel stressed in myself and I've never suffered with anxiety previously so I do find this hard to accept as the answer although I cannot rule it out. I now feel more anxious about the pain itself and whats causing it, but I don't know what brought it on in the first place.

Therefore I'm not sure how I can confirm if this is the issue or not but the pain does feel very real if that makes sense. As in its physical damage or a condition causing it rather than through my mental health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.