On going depression and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all. I've currently got ongoing depression and anxiety which is just getting worse. I am seeing a cbt therapist also. Not sure what will come out of this. My panic attacks are happening more and more. Dr has prescribed propanol of slow release 80mg. My need for alcohol is bad too. I'm fully aware of the dangers. Fed up and tired of it all now. 

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My gosh, yes. Very tiring, very frustrating. Makes you want to throw in the towel all right. One thing I'm always doing to try to overcome my sufferings (apart from the  conventional things) is to gain spiritual insight into the meaning of life. I'm not talking about any particular religion or what have you, but just a deeper understanding into the nature of things. It may help you to cope. Does for me (a bit).  

All the best Charmcat. Don't lose hope.

• Posted

O absolutley! I have always had a great interest in the spiritual side of things, and the natural wonders this world has to offer. And now you mention it, I shall put more effort into making it a part of my life again. Thanks for the tip, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.