On going neck and head pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering with neck pain and headache for three years. I decided to pay to see a consultant who looked at the results of my M R I scan and he diagnosed arthritis and pinched nerves. He then arranged for me to have facet injections. When I arrived at the hospital I was asked if I wanted to pay before or after the treatment I hadn't been given any information about how much it would cost and was shocked when I was told that it was fifteen hundred pounds. I was taken through into the treatment room where the radiologist ignored me he then came in to see me and told me that he was going to do six injections and it would be painful . I was told to lie on my back and put into a CT scanner. I was concerned that he did the injections from the front of my neck it was very painful

After the treatment I saw a lot of blood on paper towels. He was very dismissive of me before and after treatment. I had to wait three months to receive a report

The treatment had no effects whatsoever on my neck pain in fact I am also now suffering with throat pain

Sorry to ramble on but I am so upset and feel let down.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

What an uncomfortable experience you have gone through. So typical of today, I'm sorry to say. Private or nhs it doesn't seem to matter, we are money machines rather than vulnerable patients, to some working in medical practices. I would advise you to get back in touch with the consultant who arranged it all for you and explain your circumstances to them.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike

Many thanks for your reply I did write to the consultant about my experience and the distress it had caused me but he didn't reply not sure where to go from here.

• Posted

go back to your GP and report this and start again with a new pain management team, it's  shocking you were treated this way

• Posted

Contact the consultant again, making it an official complaint and ask what is the first step of their complaint procedure,,,they have to respond to you! Maggie
  • Posted

I've gone through hell with my case but it is worth complaining to pals. I've placed a complaint with them and I now have another appt with a different neurosurgeon for a second opinion. They have to investigate and action all complaints . Good luck and don't let them get you down were all here for you

• Posted

Hi Richard sounds like you have had an awful time. I will never pay for private treatment again it's cost me hundreds of pounds my last experience for injections was very distressing and Jim still not sure if ' the procedure was correct.

• Posted

Hi Christine hope things start to get more positive soon. I can't believe that something which is more common than I ever thought is virtually impossible to get any kind of treatment to relieve the constant excruciating pain that we are all experiencing, I suppose it depends which drug company rep has been round as to which tablets they push on us. 2700mg gabapentin 20mg noritripyline and 8 paracetamol as Well as other tablets to control bladder probs. Sorry to rabbit on but I see no light at the end of the tunnel, my second opinion appt is with a neurosurgeon from the same team as the first so no impartiality there then. Keep pushing Christine keep pestering don't take no for an answer, I'd like to see them live in constant pain and discomfort, unable to work or earn a living and shovelling packet after packet of tablets down our throats just to save them money and time.

I hope your situation improves massively, my apologies for my ramblings I'm just an ex serviceman who is sick of incompetence.

All the best Christine and keep your chin up ,

• Posted

Hi Richard thank you so much for your comments I sometimes feel that no one understands the pain that I am suffering. I am so glad that I found this forum it's made me realise that I'm not alone with this problem .

• Posted

Hi Richard thank you so much for your comments I sometimes feel that no one understands the pain that I am suffering. I am so glad that I found this forum it's made me realise that I'm not alone with this problem .

• Posted

Your never alone Christine we are all in the same boat a d we a know about the pain and suffering . We are all here for each and every one of us just remember that . No d regards Richard
  • Posted

Hi Richard, 

Not trying to hijack Christine 39240, just wondering if you are taking Tamsulosin for your bladder problems?

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike nice to hear from you ,

No I'm on Oxybutynin which seems to be working I can actually sleep all night when before I was up 3 or 4 times a night . I've got my second opinion appt 4th Jun so fingers crossed I might have some positive answers by then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.