On going shoulder pain affecting neck and arm!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've had worsening shoulder pain feels very deep nothing helps e.g. Massage baths heat! No obvious movement in arm hurts or worsens pain! Hurts much more at night and at rest! I'm 32... I was prescribed naproxen with little help then they also added in omeprazole! I'm going to return Gp but feel they will just give more pain killers rather than finding what problem is!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long has it been since it started?  Did you do something specific that caused the injury?
  • Posted

Tried ice and no memorable injury or anything specific that caused problem
    • Posted

I would see an orthopedic, don't mess with it. Shoulder pain is misery. Read about bursitis.  I had that, it's from over-use, not an actual imjury that you'd think.

I fell and dislocated my shoulder with a fracture one month ago and the pain is stll ongoing, I started physical therapy, have frozen shoulder......ouchy    LOL     

• Posted

Similar to me. Are you in the UK? 

I got GP to give me codeine too. (BTW Omeprazole is just to counteract the sideeffects of naproxen - upset stomach etc).

I asked about further treatment and they said its a huge waiting list. They wont give me injection because its neck area.

I paid for sports massage and it helped a bit. £25 each session.

Im just about try chiropractor. Luckily on groupon they had 2 treatments for £16 and its near where I work :-)

Tried TENS machine too - not sure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.