On holiday and scared please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there something wrong with me or is this anxiety? I've had this feeling for months since I've suffered from panic attacks and anxiety but I feel because I am away from home it's worse. I'm a 24 year old girl and te left side of my chest where my heart is just feels horrible and uncomfortable sometimes a bit painful my left arm feels all funny and it's just like butterflies, I'm on holiday on Miami with my friend and I'm meant to be having a good time but I'm scared my heart is about to stop or I'm going to faint because my heart is going to fail? am I being silly? I need some reassurance can anyone help? sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry mimi ... It could be just  gas or acidity and indigestion...
  • Posted

Hi, I just came back from a weeks hi day with my family last week. I was so nervous about going because of my so called 'health anxiety'. Whilst I was there I had the pains/feelings that your experiencing now. I managed to take my mind off it and make the most of my holiday and we had a brilliant time, that's what you should do too. Try reassure yourself - if you've had these feeling before then it more than likely is just anxiety (playing up more because your out of your comfort zone). Try your best to put it the the back if your head and enjoy yourself, good luck and enjoy Miami! 
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte I literally feel like my hearts about to stop and my fingers in my left arm feel funny and I have to keep wriggling them. Am I going to have a heart attack? 
    • Posted

I have the exact same feelings, it's my main symptom of anxiety.. I have chest pain and funny feelings/numbness in my left arm most days and this as been going on for almost a year. So I'm sure if I was going to have a heart attack I would of had one by now. I know it's really hard, and u really do understand how you feel but Trust me - it's all just anxiety! 
    • Posted

Hi Mimi I have the same thing to the point of going to the er and nothing ever comes of it. If you have an iPhone get the calm breathing app. It helps me to focus on something besides what my mind is making me feel. Enjoy Miami! I live a few states over smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.