On Indapamide 2.5 mgs for 2 wks also got diverticulitis Tablets making me constipated - anyone else

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm on Indapamide 2.5 mgs for high blood pressure for 2 weeks. The tablets are making me constipated and straining has now made weeing painful. I have managed to get the painful weeing under some sort of control but I'm more concerned with the constipation as I have diverticulitis which has been fine for a long while. I'm drinking at least 3 pints of water everyday and I've been eating All Bran the last week and today at long last it is working but now I've got diarrhoea-like stools !!Anyone else having this problem and will it all settle down in time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I took Indapamide 2.5 for 25yrs. although I understand about the constipation your reaction ie. what you have done has probably upset your.bowel. give it time and it will settle. not too much fibre. porridge for breakfast should do it. took mine a week to settle. bowels are delicate things. I now take a couple of prunes each morning and no constipation.

• Posted

Thanks for replying Sylvia, a relief to know that it will sort itself out eventually.

• Posted

Carol the constipation will settle - I agree with Sylvia that you have probably upset your bowel - I have diverticulitus as well so I eat porridge with prunes or blueberries most mornings and this solves the constipation problem for me - consultant told me that some people with diverticulitis find all bran too irritating for their digestive system - hope you get sorted soon.

Molly

• Posted

A side effect for a lot of blood pressure pills is constipation. The painful urination is concerning though I would definitely make an appointment with the doctor and tell them everything from the diarrhea like stools and constipation to the painful weeing as you may need to be prescribed different pills.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.