On list now for open surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Jon now has made the decision to have the open surgery and consent form has been signed. We have been told that it will be in the next eight weeks. Scary but in the last 9 months it has grown from 4.8 -5.6 cm. It needs fixing, he feels like a walking time bomb which just adds to the stress. We know it will be a long journey to recovery but it gives the better end result. Living in a town house won't help as the toilet is either up one floor or down one floor from the lounge. I will update the forum after the operation to give others information on this. He is being treated in Medway Hospital UK and they have been excellent thus far.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi thr I don't no your full story but just wanted to share with you I had my Bicuspid aortic valve replaced and an aneurysm repaired 11 week's a ago and it wasn't at all bad. My aneurysm was the main concern as it grew quite a bit last year. The waiting is by far the worst thing. I'm very lucky I've had a very smooth recovery and no complications. It is a long journey but your going the right direction and it will be onwards and upwards from then on. Good luck with everything :-)

• Posted

Best wishes for a good result and quick recovery. I've heard they rent those stair chairs.

• Posted

Kb2895 my aneurysm is 5.7cm and I just found out I have the aneurysm and a bicuspid valve. I also am on a list for surgery. I have an angiogram in 3 weeks, a CT scan 3 weeks later, and the surgeon said it could be 4 - 5 months after that for surgery.

The walking time bomb feeling is normal...I think we all feel like that.

Best wishes for a confirming call for surgery, and speedy recovery afterwards. Deb.

• Posted

Date confirmed for 14/06/17 wait is nearly over. Will keep you updated.
    • Posted

Good news! Having that date set is sure to ease the stress a bit. biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.