On meds for 5 weeks and still have bad days

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys. I have been on Carbimazole for nearly 5 weeks now. I can definitely feel some improvement but still have bad days where I have no energy, high heart rate and am nervous. Is that usual? I am calling my GP this morning to schedule a blood test to check my T3 & T4. Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I and many others I have seen who posted to this Board were given a beta blocker like Propranolol for the fast heart rate.   I also learned that because my metabolism was running so fast that my body was depleted of vitamins, minerals and amino acids and started putting some of these back by taking supplements along with my meds treatment.   
  • Posted

I agree with Linda. I am not on any medications yet for my thyroid, and the supplements have helped me a lot! Hopefully, I will get something on my next visit. I really don’t have a confirmed diagnosis yet, but I felt much worse without the supplements. I wish you well.
    • Posted

What a surprise! When you said: "Hopefully, I will get something on my next visit.", did you mean you will get some prescription med or some thyroid disorder diagnosed? Are you currently suffering many severe symptoms but thyroid level normal? I hope you aren't inflicted with a dreadful disease like GD, but just bothered by some other light, easy-treat illness. GL for your next visit.

• Posted

I am hoping for a prescription, and a diagnosis. Yes, I am suffering and my labs are definitely off the charts. From what I have read, and some help from Linda, I believe I may have GD. Thanks Mike. This has been a long and miserable road. My next appt. is Sept. 26 . I will let you know what this doc says.i had the bone density test done, and it shows Osteopenia. I know what a lot are going through.
    • Posted

Oh, I am sorry to hear your suffering from thyroid level off-chart. But isn't osteopenia better than osteoporosis? (I forgot which one is worse)  Did/do you take med for that? You may also consider supplements - calcium, Vit D3 (a lot), Vit K2, magnesium - for that too. You really need good luck with your next appointment. Best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks Dean. I do take a lot of supplements, and Osteopenia is not as bad as osteoporosis. I am unable to take calcium, so I take Strontium it was advised by my doctor about 5 years ago. My main problem is not only Thyrois, but also COPD. I do understand what many of you are going through. I am just sick of waiting for some help. I can take the pain if I know I will get better. No one has really given me assurance or medication. Hopefully on my next visit something will be done.

i wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.