On metformin for pcos

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with pcos roughly 2 years ago. I was seen by an endocrinologist who put me on metformin, I was later discharged from them as its a gynaecology issue. My question is should I be being checked more ie have bloods done etc to see if the metformin is working, I've literally just been left on metformin by my gp and have never seen someone from gynaecology is this normal? Any advice would be appreciated. Tya

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

dont worry about PCOS it can be treated by ayurvedic detoxification procedures..and following diet as per your nature of your body (i.e prakruti in sanskrut)

• Posted

Are you trying to conceive? 
    • Posted

Yes, I've literally just been left like this. Everytime I mention it to my gp he says just keep taking the metformin. I'm so confused.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.