On mirta 30 mg for 2 weeks, still have ups and downs.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I could use some encouragement. I took mirta 15 mg for a week, and than doc increased dose to 30. I'm on the 30 mg for 2 weeks now. Felt a bit better yesterday, (tough sleeping is still a problem), but today I feel the morning depression pretty strong. HOW long until I start feeling better every day?? Sincerely Kornelia.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am taking 15 at night and 15 in the day as I couldn't sleep on 30

I can feel I a bit of a difference

It's been 2 weeks on 15 and 3 weeks on 30

• Posted

Thank you. Hoping we both feel better each day. Left a message for my doc to call me back, good luck to you.
    • Posted

Hoping you feel better each day Gavin, today was pretty tough, I wish and hope it gets better each day, instead of the ups and downs I've been having. Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Posted

Hello Kornelia,

Everyone is different but antidepressants can take 4-6 weeks to reach full potency. I've been on Mirazapine for many years and no longer remember the early days of taking the drug. I still take the Mirtazapine in the evening a couple hours before bed and it definitely helps my sleep.  I hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

I am still in the early stages (5weeks) and although I feel a tiny bit better I am still waiting for it to kick in.
  • Posted

Hi kornelia.I've been taking Mirt for about 12-13 weeks now and it helps somewhat although I'm also taking Gabapetin for IBS pain and nerve blocking which was upped from 400mg to 600mg about 2 weeks ago so I'm in a little bit of a symptom cycle where I have some side effects from the Gabapetin.I was starting to do good at 400mg after starting at 200mg which I started at the same time I started the Mirt. The plan all along however was to eventually to get me up to 600mg,so I'm hoping it will take hold as it did when I went from 200mg to 400mg in a couple more weeks.But I believe the Mirt has been successful in it's use.I started at 15mg and it was upped to 30mg about 7 weeks ago(15 morning,15 evening) and seems to be helping.I wish us the best.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Thank you, best wishes for you and I hope you feeling a lot better soon, and that you adjust well to the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.