On my last leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

I have been diagnosed with severe form of gastroparesis.   I have literally tried everything medicine, all liquids which is what I’m on now.  I am still extremely sick.  I am severely anemic and vitamin deficient .  When I throw up or have a bowel movement it is like fireballs coming out. Nothing helps. I was supposed to have surgery but my insurance came back and said that I’m not covered for that and they won’t cover me even though it is medically necessary. I have notes from  all of my doctors saying how critical it is that I have it.  So I just do not know what to do because my body is declining very rapidly.  If someone has any good ideas please let me know.   Thanks!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I don’t struggle with what you have (only diagnosed with gallstones, I’m 16) but there’s a YouTube channel I follow who deals with severe gastroparesis and other illnesses. Her name is Chronically Jaquie and something on her channel may offer you some guidance on what to do. 

If I may ask, what were your symptoms before getting diagnosed? I know I only have gallstones and have had no other major testing besides blood tests and an ultrasound, but I still have a big fear of having gastroparesis. Besides that, I hope you get to have your surgery soon. Feeling awful everyday is no way to live. 

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for  advice .  In answer to your other question my first Symptoms were extreme nausea and pain that just never went away.  Then I started vomiting anything and everything it did not matter what it was.  Then I started having  severe diarrhea and I also noticed that every time I throw up or had diarrhea it was like fireballs and it never goes away.  Those are some of my main  symptoms and worst but the list goes on forever.

• Posted

Thank you for telling me. I hope you get the surgery you need soon so that hopefully you can find some relief.
    • Posted

Thanks   The surgery not so much about  relief any more it’s about survival now.  I hope I helped because no one ever deserves to feel like this or live this way.
  • Posted

Can you change your insurance company?
    • Posted

I wish it worked like that but no unfortunately I can’t .  I am on my dads insurance until I finish getting my  doctorate.  I did however look into that but no insurance company will touch me because of my health. Well at least the ones that I need that would cover the  kind of surgery I need .  But I appreciate the thought.  Thank you 
    • Posted

Would your dad be able to pay for your surgery?  In Great Britain we have a free NHS and private care too.  On occasion, I have opted for private care and my dad has paid for it.  Since you are desparate, you could always ask him.
    • Posted

No unfortunately he can’t.  I wish he had 50 to 100 grand laying around but unfortunately he doesn’t.  
    • Posted

Try going back to your doctor for further advice.  Maybe they will know how to get through this impssse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.